Any Mideast/Pak/India Based Traders?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Trader5287, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Hello all.

I've been looking for a direct access multinational type broker (such as Interactive Brokers) that allows trading in equities and/or futures in your markets or from where you live in foreign markets.

I'm in the US and have been looking at markets in the mideast and south asia for some time now. I am wondering if there is a way for the small trader to access same. I prefer to stay away from mutual funds and ADRs of your companies that trade in the US.

Geo.

I am very pleased with IB by the way but American based traders are restricted in their access to certain markets for regulatory reasons.

2. You can not trade in the Indian market unless you are a Non Resident Indian, or a person of Indian origin or a Foreign Institutional Investor. If you are an independent trader and not in either of above category then you can not invest in Indian market.
    There are direct access brokers which offer services for Indian market but you will not be able to open account with them.
    www.icicidirect.com is one such broker.

3. Very interesting Easy. Thanks for the info.

I came across osme indices for some mideast markets that had some stunning YTD performance figures that I'll post later. That's what got me interested in this region among other things.

Geo.