any manhattan traders?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Bennett3580, May 20, 2007.

1. I understand some people use Platt's.

GC

#11     May 22, 2007
  2. Hi Covert - what does it mean when you say "some nat gas when i'm really full of self-hatred"....are you talking about the NG contract? Why when self hatred?

#12     May 23, 2007
  3. covert:

sorry for the delayed response.... sometimes i use briefing, but primarily we have someone that comes over the loud-speaker, that the entire floor can hear when it pertains to specific energy news....

#13     May 23, 2007
  4. bear plunger:

didnt mean to chime in when it was directed at someone else but i think because the natural gas swings are so ridiculous.. if he feels like putting himself through that kinda torture on ne given day,, he knows where to turn.... i could be wrong tho

#14     May 23, 2007
  5. Covert

Covert

Bear-
    Pardon the sarcasm, but Bennett is right. Nat gas futures are extremely volatile, and as such, any mistakes you make seem to be amplified. Still, all that volatility offers some great opportunities. I don't mean to imply that it's not worthwhile to trade them.

#15     May 23, 2007
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

I trade Hang Seng (IB with Ninja front end) and DAX futures (TT). Located in Brooklyn.

#16     May 23, 2007
  7. PJKIII

PJKIII

I believe he is referring to the volatility and erratic nature of natty...it can be a tough one to trade for sure, and the swings in dollar terms can dwarf those in the rest of the complex by a large margin when it runs.

#17     May 23, 2007
  8. PJKIII

PJKIII

Sorry, didn't see that others had already answered Bear's question...now that I see that others have addressed it my post is redundant.

#18     May 23, 2007
  9. anyone catch that sell offfff in the july cl after lunch today (5/24)!?!? kids were gettin smooooked in the nyc today...stubborn oil bulls

#19     May 24, 2007