Any limit on leverage?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by NeoRio1, Jul 28, 2008.

1. LOL!!!! That wasn't meant to mean anything and he still responded! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

#31     Jul 28, 2008
  2. Interesting post, I am at the final stages of developing a system using higher leverage with tight stops. Stops being 15-25 pips tops risking no more than 7.5% of account balance in any one trade. Has anyone effectively used a higher leverage-tight stop system profitably over time? 1-5% is what most successful traders use as risk, but I am sure there have to be some good traders that are more aggressive. If you have a success rate of trades in excess of 65% the math would be totally on your side.

#32     Jul 28, 2008
  3. ssss

ssss

Interesting post, I am at the final stages of developing a system using higher leverage with tight stops. Stops being 15-25 pips tops risking no more than 7.5% of account balance in any one trade. Has anyone effectively used a higher leverage-tight stop system profitably over time? 1-5% is what most successful traders use as risk, but I am sure there have to be some good traders that are more aggressive. If you have a success rate of trades in excess of 65% the math would be totally on your side.
    ###################

Take Kelly form and calculate for your risk/reward .

...trades in excess of 65%

# It is not realistic expectance .

#33     Jul 29, 2008
  4. I guess it depends on your definition of zero-sum but in forex 'total sum' is not quantifiable. If you can't quantify total sum then how can you say forex is zero-sum :confused:

(ps It's London School of Economics (and Political Science), locally known as LSE)

#34     Jul 29, 2008
  5. As long as the 35% doesn't come first :)

#35     Jul 29, 2008
  6. So true cabletrader, that is why it is very important to know how long your system losing streaks are. These are the little things experienced traders know. And I know you already know that. Discipline is key in knowing your true numbers, numbers you can depend on and be confident trading in. However, honestly, greed creeps in my viens sometimes and I pay each time. I would think I would be smarter than that, just an issue i am dealing with. I'll conquer it eventually.

#36     Jul 29, 2008