Any interest in doing a CL chat room?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by JangoFolly, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I know the live chat feature rarely gets used for anything other than an extension of the chit-chat forum, but would any of you CL regulars be interested in starting one?

I've never actually done a live chat before, so I don't know whether it's the type of thing that quickly gets tedious.

I'm home-based, so trading camaraderie is hard to come by. The chihuahua just wants to sit on my lap, the toddler wants me to put down the chihuahua, and the wife wants to know "how much today?".

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

William

2. Yes, I'd be interested.

3. Me too.

4. Babak

Babak

sounds like wallstreak.com would be perfect for what you intend.

You can set up your own "room" by only whitelisting those people you choose... so only your own group can see your messages.

Or join the rest of the conversation in the different public rooms: stocks, futures, options, etc.

check it out

5. 2mnytrdz

2mnytrdz

I'd like to participate. I sit and watch the Dow and oil all day.

6. bunkinc

bunkinc

Why not start an energy channel on othernet.org? Many traders already irc'ing, and it's better than the 'web' crap.

7. jtnet

jtnet

anything is better with voice feature and streaming desktop capabilities. enter tradingrooms.com

8. Let's try the ET room as a first measure. If we find it lacking in a particular way, then we should talk about possible alternatives.

I just set it up. It's called "CL Chat". I accidentally started two with that name; ignore the one with a lock next to the name.

Regards,

9. Sounds like a great idea, but I just don't have the energy.

10. I am finding it a little hard to watch the charts and the chat.

#10     Jun 11, 2007