Any info on these trader trainee programs?

Discussion in 'Options' started by psychic_monkey, Nov 25, 2002.

1. I posted this message in the "Pro Firms" forum but figured I might get some feedback here as well:

First time poster. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been able to find much info on these firms aside from their websites. Is anyone familiar with their training programs?

Chicago Trading Company
    DRW Trading Group
    Cornerstone Partners
    Mako
    Group One Trading
    G-Bar
    Botta Capital
    Cooper Neff

Any of them hiring?

I'm a recent (Dec '00) business school grad with wirehouse experience looking to make a move to a proprietary derivatives trading firm with a top notch training program.

Thanks in advance.

2. braye

braye

drw is by far the best, (Chicago)
    some of the firms you mention don't really exist or are in bad shape. do better research on what is out there.

3. Thanks for your response. I'm trying to do research on these but all I can find is what is on their websites. They all look great from their hompages. That is why I thought I'd solicit responses from the board.

4. Cooper Neff is owned by BNP Paribas. So if you interview with them, check out the parent company, too.

5. Yup,

I agree. Drw is owned by Don Wilson and is top-notch.

6. Great thanks!

7. What about Susquehanna, Hull-SLK, Wolverine, Knight, Timber Hill? Anybody have any insight about the training programs and reputations of these firms? I've heard Susquehanna's training is top notch.