Any indicators that do not wiggle?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by steve.larson, Feb 28, 2003.

1. I'm looking for a charting software that has indicators that do not do any wiggling. Meaning that on the indicator the fast line doesn't wiggle around the slow one.

I already have tried Medved's QuoteTracker, QChart's LiveCharts, SiliconInvestor's IQCharts, ProphetStation's Java Chartstream that are pretty good. However, their indicators seem to wiggle a lot.

Here is the problem: Wiggling becomes an issue because it can make the indicator somewhat deceptive. Acting upon the wiggle, I find myself more inclined to pull the trigger prematurely. In other words, I'm more apt to enter a trade by mistake because -- on a stochastic indicator, for example, -- for up to 59 seconds it may look like the (fast) %K line has already crossed the (slow) %D line. When in fact it hasn't. The problem is that if the very last (temporary) segment of the indicator is visible to me before the last (1-minute) time period is up, I'm more inclined to pull the trigger prematurely. Is it possible to buy, rent, or use just a plain charting software or trading platform without this wiggling? Anyone know?

Alternatively, anyone use Prophet's ChartStream in real time? Do their indicators wiggle when their market data is real-time? Anyone know? I used to be a member of prophet.net, but that was many months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. did you uncheck the "wiggle" function on your indicator waggle box?? :confused:this usually resets to a default waggle, a "waggle" being much less "jiggly" than a "wiggle" (unless of course it's a "fast waggle") :eek:

3. you can't fish as well... with dead worms .

4. LOL... :) You're absolutely correct.

And in fact in golf.... a waggle is better than a wiggle for the shot...

5. If you are talking about wiggles in the minute timeframe, than try unchecking "update this indicator every tick". TS6 does have this setting.

6. your oscillators are too noisy for the time frame you are using. all oscillators wiggle and give lots of false signals on some time frame. If you don't like the one you are using then switch, or else switch your time frame.

7. Weebles will wobble, but they won't fall down. :D

F. PeBBLe

8. gnome

gnome

Instead of trading crosses, just use a MA. The 300 day moving average is REAL smooth!

9. LMAO!!:D

10. heh heh:D

personally i like to watch the wiggles. nothing like a cute little wiggle makes me giggle:D

#10     Feb 28, 2003