Any independent traders out there want to live abroad with me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BillySimas, Aug 16, 2007.

1. I have been living and trading in different cities in South America for over 2 years now. Contact me if you are seriously, serious.

#21     Oct 11, 2007
  2. I was thinking about going to Thailand, but...phuket...

#22     Oct 11, 2007
  3. You betcha, and the hookers are a buck a week and they do anything too.!Man, I miss the south and southeast.
    Good Luck

#23     Oct 11, 2007
  4. LOL.....DAMN THAT ONE PUT ME ON THE FLOOR....LOL! :D

#24     Oct 11, 2007
  5. Dubai for me..will be there just after the first of the year.

#25     Oct 11, 2007

6. I guess I overpaid then. Well, next time I'll do better. Still the cheapest amount I have ever got some.
    That is aside from 50cent stint in Guatemala (or was it a dollar)? Yes, it was a buck, the hotel (for lack of a better word to describe this shack) was 50 cents.

Good times, I was young, drunk and horny .... most of the time. Of course I am referring to the middle part of the description if you catch the drift. :D :D

#26     Oct 11, 2007
  7. I was trying to make a humorous point that your question indicates a US centric view and that perhaps other countries around the world are so far ahead of what we have in the US that the question then becomes as if a foreigner asked you something like, "Do they have cars over where you live?"

Korea was doing phone and internet banking certainly by 1997, and probably earlier. I remember when I first visited I could order a pizza and transfer funds from my bank account to the pizza place bank account in a few seconds via a phone or via the internet. Totally unrelated banks. I think the fee was maybe 25 cents. Try doing that in the US in 1997. Heck, today (2007), I try to wire funds and the most I can get out of the US bank is maybe the money will be there in 24 hours. This is a US bank to a US bank wire!

#27     Oct 12, 2007
  8. I too am looking to do the same, although i still cant do it for about a year because of work engagements.

Every time i think about it the question always arises: what is internet connectivity like where you want to go to? It seems crucial to find out before.

For example, I doubt you will find ADSL connections in smaller and cooler Thai islands like Koh Tao or Koh Phangan.

GPRS/Egde/HDSPA/UMTS seems like the way to go, but I guess you will have problems finding a flat contract that enables data roaming. Someone needs to set up a "marketwatch" type of site so we can judge connectivity (adsl and wireless) options in different markets.

It's been done before with drugs and prostitutes, is it possible that no one has done it before for connectivity?

please let me know if you know of any such site.

have a nice trip :)

#28     Oct 12, 2007
  9. Aisone

Aisone

I have no problem with the idea of trading different stock exchanges but I'm limited by my trading software (investorRt) which datafeeds I can use. IB is supported but only allows a user to watch 100 symbols at a time.

(Thus the need to find out ping times to US servers such as esignal)

#29     Oct 12, 2007
  10. Haha, picture another version of Survivorman ala Outdoor Life Network -

TRADERMAN

He survives ferries, boats, planes, trains, airports, discos, hostels, seedy strip joints all in the name of watching his MACD around the world.

He loses his feed and calls in on his Globalstar to unwind that huge hang seng futures position while drinking Raki in Istanbul...

#30     Oct 12, 2007