Any independent traders out there want to live abroad with me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BillySimas, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Croatia is lovely and the women are second to none. Went there for the first time with my folks at the tender age of 14 and I came back .... a man. What a place! highly recommended. You will enjoy yourself there, I know I did.

As for going for that 1 month thing.... I would recommend 3 months at a time.

#11     Aug 16, 2007
  2. Prague is spectacular, like a three dimensional Venice when it comes to architecture. I love it, it is a thousand years of accumulation of accomplishment.

Otherwise it's a modern city, all conveniences are available, there are a few bars even that exists for expats and in the central area most merchants speak English and German. The women are beautiful and some are eager to practice their English.
    In the summer the city is overran by tourists.

I was lucky to rent a room and use of the computer with the help from a friend who was a native. I speak some German and it helped me with that particular landlady.
    My friend also helped me to get around and get the flow of the place, so I was set.

I was there in 2000 but since then websites have sprung up all over Europe where one can make connections.

GC

#12     Aug 16, 2007
  3. #13     Aug 16, 2007
  4. but what if a guy you go with turns out to be some kind of psycho like Timm-AYYY!

I personally think that if you are a successful trader, especially a day trader like me

that means you are very smart balanced, aware of yourself and others.

Lets face it, if you are FUK..ED up you wouldn't be trading for very long.

so I think its pretty safe for traders to hook up and hang out.

#14     Aug 16, 2007
  5. Why do you feel the need to hook up with someone here??

Just go do it.. youll be forced to meet new people and your experience will be richer for it..

There are potential friends everywhere in the world. Just dont get killed mugged or look for girlfriends under the age of 21 to keep yourself safe...
    .. and avoid gangsters... especially if your not street smart kinda guy...

enjoy.. you dont need another unknown as baggage to travel with...

ive been globe trotting twice so far.. amazing experiences and situations...

Paul

#15     Aug 16, 2007
  6. I have been living and trading from Brasil for the last 2+ years, first in Sao Paulo and most recently in Curitiba. My experience here has been excellent. If you would like to chat about Brasil or trading abroad in general, feel free to contact me.

Good luck!

#16     Oct 8, 2007
  7. Aisone

Aisone

I would love to but

a) My SO would not want you as a roommate

b) It would be hard to take my dog

c) I'm a very shortterm trader and the extra quote latency would kill me

My lab retriever is 10 tho...

What kind of ping times do you get from other countries?

#17     Oct 10, 2007
  8. You can't compete with South Korea. No one can.

100 Mbps for 30 bucks a month. As MC Hammer used to say, "Can't touch this."

I had the above a few years back.

#18     Oct 11, 2007
  9. Aisone

Aisone

That doesn't necessarily mean great ping times to US servers.

#19     Oct 11, 2007
  10. I believe IB has servers on that side of the world. Their connection with the US would certainly be fast. Besides.. you can always trade the markets there.

I'd go... been to Thailand many times. Vietnam and Hainan are on the list next. Also thinking about Venezuela, Chile and Argentina.

What's your general trading style? How long have you been profitable?

#20     Oct 11, 2007