any ideas on a firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Yuguru, May 6, 2010.

1. Yuguru

Yuguru

Been trading sucessfully on my own for 15+ years. But I have never had enough success to retire and walk away.

This is what i am looking for:

I want to continue to trade equities and futures, while building a book of business or a fund that would mirror my trading style.

I have had several close friends and family basically beg me to invest and trade there money, but since I dont have a series 7 and this is loaded with conflicts I have declined. Well, times are changing, I need a more consistent income, now married and kids and want the long term benefits of the network of investors.

Anyone have an idea. I would even be willing to invest/start a branch if the set up is right.

thanks in advance

2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I'm approaching 15 years of trading. I had a number of people over the years ask if I'd take some of their $$$ to trade/invest. I declined a few times. They persisted. Ultimately I took some $$$ of theirs and have been trading it the past 2+ years.

I don't have a Series 7 or anything else - just an ex-engineer who wanted to trade. I also take no money from those whose money I handle. I'm happy to make them some money as they're good friends. Money isn't everything in life. I can make enough trading my own such that I don't want (or need) to take any of the profits I generate for the others.

3. you can try out becoming a CTA and trade a pool of funds in the futures markets.

Here is the book from the CME about becoming a CTA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...7uKKwY&sig=AHIEtbRIG6KFuF1tarWX8xHDIfUJb6qSSQ