any idea how/where to get deal on bloomberg terminal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rodneywkr, Sep 8, 2011.

1. my last comment b/c i think we've answered all the op's questions and i don't think there's any more value add in discussing bbg's specific contracts...re multiple persons at once computer like you said...they don't want you doing that and they'd be pissed if they found out...obviously a lot of firms do it (have one person log on in the morning and the terminal is on the trading floor so anyone who walks by can use it) but in bbg's ideal world say 100 people work on a trading floor and they all use the terminal for 2 minutes each day the firm would have 100 terminals not one...again obviously no one is going to do this but the contract specifically says "one log on for one person".

#11     Sep 11, 2011
  2. Agreed we've answered OP's question -- which, like so many threads here, amounts to "how can I get something for nothing," but I'm not sure about your comments. Any number of persons can create logins and use the same BBG installation. For non-Travelers, licensing is by S/N rather than login. But I might misunderstand your point, or misunderstand the fine points of BBG licensing.

#12     Sep 11, 2011
  3. bone

bone

Know where I can get a clear, non-titled 458 Italia for next-to-nothing ?

Same same.

You pay to play. Why don't you go to a Bloomberg office and ask for the demo to make sure that this is exactly what you want to steal, first ?

MatLab makes a Bloomberg toolbox for a very good reason.

#13     Sep 12, 2011
  4. Hmmm. Do they have warez sites for those?

The fact that it's expensive and status'y is what makes it an object of desire for the low end of the ET crowd -- not its features, for which they'd have no use.

#14     Sep 12, 2011