any idea how to trade shutdown?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader198, Oct 2, 2013.

1. my guess is shutdown is they want, it lasts longer than we suppose, it will create some effects that it is painful.
    based on that, buy puts are wise.
    the heck of the market is naive,thought it is short-lived,like yesterday, it rallied, of course the economic ISM is good. most view dip as buy opportunity.
    indeed every time those kinds happens, it is a buy.
    the question how long it lasts?

what your thoughts?

2. Thus far ignoring the shutdown's existence has worked fine for me.

3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Just trade the price action and save yourself the effort of trying to predict how news will affect price.

4. I just trade a bit more cautiously and lower my trading volume.

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Stick to your trading plan.

If you get a trade signal...take it. If you get no trade signals, sit back and read a book or watch the news on TV about the pending doom.

6. buy dip seems always work.over and over again.
    nodoji is right. but I donot jump on the gun to short.

7. It's very volatile but yeah, just stick to your normal plan but be prepared to take some hits...

In my opinion, there is too much news coming out that's moving the markets

I stuck the binary's today and took an opportunity as soon as the ADP report was released.

GOLD! :cool: :cool:

8. Buy the dip, with both handz

:eek:

9. I suggest you look at the charts and only the charts, they alone can tell you the truth, the rest is just pure noise and local bar conversation.

10. Andiroo

Andiroo

My Short ES, Long VIXX, Short TBT and Long GLD has worked well. Overall its protected my portfolio very well and delivered some nice upside.

Arb

#10     Oct 3, 2013