Any huge size stock day traders out there?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by newguyintown, Jan 6, 2011.

1. who daytrades 100 lots of ES? and 1000 lots of ES...average size is 1 lot.

market maker of the ES making tonnes of money off you fools.

#11     Jan 6, 2011
  2. There are ES traders who day trade 100 lots and larger. Average size is well above 1 lot.

Any fool (except you) knows there is no market maker for ES.

#12     Jan 6, 2011
  3. Not to change the topic, but who is your clearing firm, what commission are you paying and what is your day trade margin per contract?

#13     Jan 6, 2011
  4. dalen

dalen

Have you ever watched Time and Sales of ES?

#14     Jan 6, 2011
  5. Big S&P is tiny, tiny, tiny.

Jan 05, 2011 Volume

March ES 1,781,256

March SP 12,104

#15     Jan 6, 2011
  6. I hear Jack Hershey cleaned up today

[​IMG]

#16     Jan 6, 2011
  7. Thanks for ur insights guys.

Jack: I have no idea what you said :) But it sure as hell seems interesting, so if you could explain it in terms I can understand that would be much appreciated ;)

Jeb: I trade through Advantage Futures, and I have a seat lease on the CME so my commissions are sub $1.50 round turn.

Obviously this question on here won't be my only source of research on the matter. I'll end up getting a direct access stock trading platform and watching to see what kind of size goes through in live trading. But there are a few savvy guys on this site and it never hurts to learn from others' experience. Plus, there is always the entertainment of all the other replies :)

Cheers

#17     Jan 7, 2011
  8. C trades in pennies, it has an average daily range of maybe 10 pennies, however the inside market is typically quoted for 5 million shares +... so $50,000 per penny. You probably won't be able to go for more than 2-3 pennies, but it's gotta be one of the world's most liquid markets (C).

#18     Jan 7, 2011
  9. Do you really have some edge trading C? Unless you're trading the spread or rebates, I'd think there were much better ops elsewhere. If I could trade for free, I guess it might be a player.

#19     Jan 7, 2011
  10. The learning path is long, I certainly gave you more credit thanI should.

Because I do not know your terms, I probably couldn't oblige your request. Sorry.

#20     Jan 7, 2011