Any help is appreciated

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gblnking, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Well if Forex wasn't for you then, then it certianly isn't for you now. Trust me. I know the other posters are trying to persuade you to go Forex, but don't listen, Forex is just.... not going to cut it.

Swingtrading.

You could either swing trade futures on a long time frame, probably on a daily.

Or you are going to go with stocks, in which case you don't have to worry about the PDT rule. Swing-trading does not allow many opprotunities in Forex and/or Futures. As it is risky. But with stocks, you have thousands of opprotunities on a given day. So that is why I'd suggest stocks for swing trading, ONLY because of the fact you'd have more opprotunities, maybe set up a few alerts from a software to locate lows and highs.

With Forex, you have a few currency pairs, and they apparently "trend" well, but still, why would you do something like that? Go with stock trading. Go with IB, paper trade Futures and Forex and trade 100 shares of a stock swing trading it.

It just makes sense to trade stocks if you are a swing trader. So many more opprotunities on a daily basis.

#11     Mar 7, 2006
  2. I'd recommend paper trading, later on, you may want to try 1 contract with IB.

Pay the $10 monthly with IB to begin your paper trading; you'll get to practice on IB's platform too.

I'm starting a trading journal blog with what I've picked up along the way, you may want to check it out; be patient, - I'm doing it for fun...

http://thefountainhead.typepad.com/contango/

Good luck and be very careful!

#12     Mar 7, 2006
  3. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

How do you know you didn't contribute to the bubble?

#13     Mar 7, 2006