Any Helicopter Pilots?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acrary, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Stop dreaming of all those women with the cyclic stick between their legs and clean out your mailbox so I can reply to your PM! :eek:

#11     Jul 17, 2003
  2. acrary

acrary

Sorry about that. Didn't realize it was that full.
    The only hot chick I want to fly with me is my wife and she won't go near one!

#12     Jul 17, 2003
  3. Just give her some time. Don't take your wife flying until you get your license. You want to be very proficient and settled when you take your family flying for the first time. Once they see you are calm and in control (hopefully), then they will be comfortable flying with you all the time. Please, no gun runs on your neighbors house with any of your family aboard. Save that stuff for when you are alone! :cool:

#13     Jul 17, 2003
  4. man, i wish. if you own a helicopter and a lot of land, can you just land it in your back yard?

last time i drove into manhattan rush hour i thought to myself i would never go back until i could afford to fly in by chopper...

#14     Jul 17, 2003
  5. acrary

acrary

That's how I got hooked! My bud has a pad at his home in New Canaan and has a pilot fly him to work in NYC. Then he leases it to a charter during the day. It pays for itself and gives him free commuting!

#15     Jul 17, 2003
  6. Cool, just fly into NYC sitting in the back of your S-76 while trading futures (250 lots) on your wireless laptop.

#16     Jul 17, 2003
  7. AMT4SWA/Chris,

I am heading down to Rucker in a few weeks to begin AVOBC/IERW. I am really looking forward to it, and would eventually like to end up in Longbows.

P.S. I did 2+ years in 3/75 back in the 90s.

#17     Jul 17, 2003
  8. now this is inspiration!!

this is what it's all about!!

just think of what's possible when you have some money!

although it's true that money isn't everything, it certainly gives you more freedom and opens a lot of doors.

#18     Jul 17, 2003
  9. You will have a blast! It will be the toughest thing you have ever done in your life, but it will be one of the best things you will ever do in your life.

I was stationed at Ft. Hood in the mid 80's when the 6th Cavalry Brigade fielded the Apache's for the first time. I have always been in awe of the AH-64, it is one of the best combat helicopters in the world! The AH-64 has tons of power and the aircraft has a very smooth rotor system. The UH-60 is pretty damn good too, just stay away from shithooks, oh I mean Chinooks (CH-47D).

BTW, if anyone asks you what a Chinook is, tell them it is "two palm trees fu*king a bus" :eek:

#19     Jul 17, 2003
  10. white17

white17

AMT4SWA:

B Troop, 1/9 H-13's 1966-67 recon. Thus the name "white 17"

#20     Jul 17, 2003