Any Hedge Fund Analysts in NYC / Jersey area...?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by wondergurrl, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Woman savior syndrome? Careful, else you will be taken to the cleaners by a Rusky or Ukrainian lady one day.

In all seriousness, don't you slightly overshoot with your agitation towards all other posts here? We are dealing with a self declared grown up gal here. I get you have a daughter of your own but .. .

#21     Apr 21, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. sle

sle

It's hard to deny that people here acted like a bunch of teenage assholes.

#22     Apr 21, 2019
  3. That would be a befitting statement on a website that was overall "clean" and sober and did not house racists and extremists on its politics forums and otherwise a majority of the broke and desperate. What's the outcry all of a sudden, because it is a woman? All other beginners and newbies, a group I generally defend and encourage if they show effort and self initiative, are not treated with white gloves after all by most at ET.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    #23     Apr 21, 2019
  4. sle

sle

No, sadly it's nothing out of the ordinary and I have spoken about this before more than once. We seem to usually avoid the filth outside of the politics section with this time being an unpleasant exception.

#24     Apr 21, 2019
    Robert Morse likes this.
  5. Well, I personally could have been slightly kinder though in my own defense I suggested a number venues where OP can find collaboration partners. I am against delivering everything on a silver platter. To help I first demand a level of self initiative to see how invested the person is. But thanks for the call for civility, never hurts to be reminded.

#25     Apr 21, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

It serves no purpose for a woman to post her pic to a message board that consists of over 90% males. Further, she jokes about sex in the "hook up" thread.

She/he doesn't attend Stern. Nobody calls is "Sterns" and certainly nobody who attends Columbia's B-School.

So she's either a fake and female or a 300lb dude trolling on a weekend.

Regardless, all you've done is feed it.

#26     Apr 22, 2019
  7. %%
    I like a female perspective, also because they are part of most any market ; but good warning, anyway.:cool::cool:

#27     Apr 24, 2019
  8. If this is your experience I think it would be worthwhile to pursue mentorship in a more professional format: an internship. The desk I work on is close to 50% female and obviously the level of professionalism is higher than that of an impromptu meetup.

#28     Apr 27, 2019