Any good trading magazines?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Saltynuts, Dec 29, 2019.

1. raddo

raddo

It’s not a magazine per se, but I can point you to Quantpedia - The Encyclopedia of Quantitative Trading Strategies.

It’s a database of ideas for quantitative trading strategies derived out of the academic research papers (from research portals, financial journals, universities etc.), interesting papers are selected and performance and risk characteristics and trading rules in plain language are extracted.Subset of strategies is backtested and you can review out-of-sample chart, statistics and code written in QuantConnect framework …

#21     Dec 30, 2019
    dozu888, nooby_mcnoob and zdreg like this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

playboy closed
    that was best

#22     Dec 30, 2019
    metatrader54 likes this.
  3. I'm a big fan of the magazine Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities that was mentioned earlier. The latest December issue has a great interview with Perry Kaufman and a lot of the monthly interviews are interesting, even when I disagree with some of the comments of the interviewees.

A guy named Ken Calhoun, who I believe is a member called kcalhoun and has posted here on ET during the past year, has written several articles on TA-based entries and exits for stock trading that are always interesting to read. John Ehlers has written several articles over the last few years and Kevin Davey, who is also a poster and commercial member of ET, writes a regular article each month.

#23     Dec 30, 2019
    VPhantom, comagnum and KCalhoun like this.
  4. I look at a British webmagazine called The Technical Analyst occasionally too. Can be refreshing to see all the different ways their analysts present and discuss recent charts.

They're at https://www.technicalanalyst.co.uk/

#24     Dec 30, 2019

5. That was on the list, but is it even a magazine any more? I hit subscribe and it just asks for your email and what things you are interested in, as if its going to email you picks and news and stuff. I want some actually magazines that I can read in bed, while on a flight without internet, etc.

Thanks!

#25     Dec 30, 2019

6. Good to hear Slope Trade, glad I ordered that one, looks like just what I'm looking for!

#26     Dec 30, 2019
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

thx, TASC is great; I also liked writing for Active Trader mag (I miss it) ... it's nice reading real magazines vs screens on occasion

#27     Dec 30, 2019
    SunTrader likes this.
  8. I miss Active Trader mag, too.

#28     Dec 30, 2019
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. #29     Dec 30, 2019
  10. _eug_

_eug_

Twitter is fun... You get to see everyone get bullish at tops and bearish at bottoms.

#30     Dec 30, 2019