any good trading chat rooms?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Babak

Babak

just wondering if anyone knows any good (and active!) chat rooms for intra-day trading.

would like to bounce ideas off like minded traders and provide a community like atmosphere where we can watch out for tradable setups during the day.

2. Fletch

Fletch

I know of some active IRC chats... not gonna guarantee that they are good.

irc.othernet.org #DayTraders

santaclara.ca.us.financialchat.com #ActiveTrader

you can type a /list to find other channels on each server

Fletch

3. I can guarantee that my room is VERY GOOD. (LOL). In all honesty, I think it's decent. I post what I'm doing in real time in regard to "great new pattern" trades. Others in that room are starting to get the hang of it also and are posting their ideas as well.
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/elitetradinginaction
    If you want a room to see what lots of bad traders are watching really fast, mainly in the penny arena, i recommend activetrader.net. There are a half dozen really good traders who should be respected, but the rest are novice pump and dumpers. I go there afterhours everyday to see whats moving around and usually can get about a k or 2 a day out of there in ideas.

4. for futures try #s&p on irc or the legendary #the_final_frontier for market sentiment.

5. Fletch

Fletch

I'm not so sure about #The_Final_Frontier... very very strict in there... Agent99 likes to kick people... and it hurts ;) Just beware... no spinning, twirling, gurgling or saying LOCK, Gore, Elian or Hillary.

If you are looking for a little fun... there is always Sonjii, the bot.

And as you know... numerous "Canadians" hang out in there, too. You have been warned!

6. Babak

Babak

thank you gentlemen, much appreciated

7. Mr_F

Mr_F

Hi p

I checked your Yahoo site a week ago last Monday and Tuesday and there was no indication any one was in the chat room - thought you had abandoned the idea. I did not enter the chat room as it indicated no one was there. I had joined the club before then - what am I doing wrong?

Regards

8. We moved, and the new link is
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/elitetradinginaction
    I usually show up around 8:45 ny time, but am usually up by 7:30 and reachable on AIM (hkuppy). I sometimes leave b/c of system resources problems. But I'm usually in there til about 1-2 ny time before my computer starts having problems. If I'm flat, I just reboot, but my positions are my priority and the room is kinda secondary (sorry).
    As for monday/tues, I took off after like noon cause I was up so much, and tues, I took off after like 12, cause it felt slow going into fed day.