Any good structure for a simple self-made backtesting platform?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by j2ee, May 11, 2013.

1. a5519

a5519

But you are cheap!
    Because you have no clue what you are talking about.
    You have no min. clue about SW development.
    You have no clue what mathematical methods could work for trading.
    You are cheap!
    Shoud somebody take you seriously! No.
    Because you are cheap.

#41     May 13, 2013
  2. j2ee

j2ee

You are the one sounds like no clue about what you are doing at all. If you need to see a psychiatrist, better hurry up before the booking is full today.

#42     May 13, 2013
  3. j2ee

j2ee

I don't think anyone expects he spends some money buying a trading system (not open source), then he later finds out he needs to go to internet, find out some "source code", work on it and make something live trading work with matlab.

Matlab is not even designed for live trading, why someone even tries to do that, that is not even logical.

#43     May 13, 2013
  4. a5519

a5519

You are not the first idiot on this board. In a couple of month you are gone. This is a nice side of trading.

#44     May 13, 2013
  5. Bravo!

[​IMG]

Couldn't have said it better.

#45     May 13, 2013
  6. j2ee

j2ee

So you mean you are an idiot who never leaves here? Interesting.

#46     May 13, 2013
  7. Well, you may check out my trading journal "Quantum Leap" on this forum, and you might change your mind. But since you won't listen anyway, I'm not gonna argue any further.

#47     May 13, 2013
  8. j2ee

j2ee

Simple same question from your post:

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you trading with ~53x leverage if your equity is only $1500? Therefore all it takes is approx a 2% S&P drawdown when you started and your account would we wiped out... How are you trading like this?

Thanks

By the way, your post only has like 3 replies, don't talk about something like this while you give almost no information about your real/virtual trade ok?

#48     May 13, 2013
  9. Correct, the ES contract has 50x leverage, but I keep about 70% of the capital in cash as cushion. How to trade it? Adequate stop losses and other safety mechanisms.

What else information do you need?

#49     May 13, 2013
  10. j2ee

j2ee

I don't really care about your post except you show us some real brokerage statement photos showing you use real money to do so.

#50     May 13, 2013