Any good place left in the USA?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tracer619, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Pittsburgh is the best.

Go Stillers!

#11     Jan 29, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Plus senate seats are cheap up there. ;)

#12     Jan 29, 2009
  3. what do you mean people in Miami are abnormal? :mad:

#13     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Seeing that he cites Chicago and NY, his normal means girls that are fat, flat and ugly.
    Miami is nothing more than NYC with palm trees, nice year round weather minus the flat, flat and ugly.

#14     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#15     Jan 29, 2009
  6. karol88

karol88

I agree, I don't hear any horror stories from people living here around DC yet...but I do hear a lot from friends that live in other states (losing jobs, can't find new ones...etc)

#16     Jan 29, 2009
  7. Exactly WHAT cuts in 'defense spending' are your referring?!?!? We haven't cut defense spending year-over-year in America since the end of the Civil War!!!

We account for 53%+ of the world's TOTAL military spending, we are the world's largest arms producer and the world's largest arm exporter. If you add in the spending done by our Allies, we account for 85%+ of the world's military spending. Who the fuck is left to attack us !!!!

Biggest boondoogle and pyrimid scheme in history.

#17     Jan 29, 2009
  8. mccd

mccd

"what do you mean people in Miami are abnormal?"

This is coming from secondhand experience, but I've also heard from multiple people that Miami area is full of weirdos... kind of like the type of people you see on California reality TV. Housewives all doped up on pills on their fifth plastic surgery, cokehead kids driving beemers to high-school etc etc.

From what I've heard there's a lot of prescription drug abuse in Miami (think Rush Limbaugh, Seth Tobias family, or better yet, take a look at the palm beach mugshots published by the police there - probably about half of their arrests are for illegal pharmaceuticals). The main person who has told me this is a poker buddy who is Miami born and raised, and jewish to boot - came from a well established family and went to the best schools in Miami. He hates Miami and moved up north to be around normal people (his words). Everyone thought he was crazy for moving but he would always say "you don't understand, it's not the weather , it's the PEOPLE! they're the worst"

#18     Jan 30, 2009