Any good free screen capture programs?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by forrestang, Feb 23, 2009.

1. They also have Portable SnagIt, so you can carry it around on a flash drive and use it on any computer without having to install anything

#21     Feb 23, 2009
  2. horseman

horseman

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

4. I use SnapaShot.

Don't know how it stacks up against the others because I have never used anything else.

regards
    f9

#24     Feb 24, 2009
  5. AGREE!!

#25     Feb 24, 2009
  6. I would have to say I agree that pressing Print Screen and pasting into Paint is okay, but as others have already suggested, Camtasia is the greatest for video capture, and Easy Capture is very flexible for screen shots only.

Camtasia is not cheap, however, but then you would have to decide whether the price is worth it or not. Easy Capture is free. Good luck.

Jen

#26     Feb 24, 2009
  7. hadlee

hadlee

Zapgrab is good

#27     Feb 26, 2009
  8. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I hope anyone else looking for screen capture found what they were looking for.

Paint is super annoying if you plan on using screen capture more than once a day.

I am using snagit 9.

It's pretty handy.

Thanks Anthony!!!

#28     Feb 26, 2009

9. Not a problem! I just downloaded the full version of Camtasia Studio (that everyone seems to like).....its very good if your doing video capture, but Snagit is still the best for still pics. Once you change Snagit to video capture, its not bad either.

Let me know if you need Camtasia for videos

#29     Feb 26, 2009
  10. I have Snagit on my old computer and didn't want to spend $50 for my new computer. I've been using the free version of Faststone Capture on the new one and for I do it's as good as Snagit.

#30     Feb 26, 2009