Any good free chatroom trading ES?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cookding, Sep 9, 2011.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's very easy to start your own free Emini ES chat room. First, register a chat room on the IRC Othernet server via the instructions @ http://cservice.othernet.org/?page=csregister

Next, come back here to ET to announce your free chat room. Yet, you must constantly encourage members to be "active" in participation via having them discuss a few times each day they use the chat room what they are looking for in the Emini ES price action (e.g. ES just dropped below support @ 1185).

The best way to encourage participation is for you to lead the way via your own participation...talking about the Emini ES price action and/or posting a few trades here once in awhile.

Good luck.

#11     Oct 11, 2011
  2. You need a few supporters who give their name and email address to create such a channel on Othernet. If anyone is doing it, PM me and I will give my support in exchange for being moderator.

#12     Oct 11, 2011
  3. emg

emg

#13     Oct 11, 2011
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yep and finding those "supporters" should be easy considering there has been other members in the recent past here at ET requesting to know if there are any available free Emini ES chat rooms...along with seeing similar like requests at other forums.

Setting up the room is the easy part.

The hard part is to encourage traders to "participate" in discussions about the price action of Emini ES futures because I've seen other Emini ES futures chat room on IRC fail miserably in doing such...resulting having a dozen of so traders in the room not saying a single word or talking about none trading related topics.

#14     Oct 11, 2011
  5. If everyone is not trading the same system/method, it will be a bunch of nothing or nothing at all. If I trade reversals, I really don't care to chat with trend traders. If I trade mov average pullbacks, I don't care to chat with extreme faders. etc etc

Now if you are not experienced and just want something, then it may work for you; but what experienced guys will get value from that?

#15     Oct 11, 2011
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

1) download and install paltalk from paltalk.com

2) go to IE security add this to restricted site to prevent paltalk popup

add: *.paltalk.com

3) use pt main panel search for 'price action trading room'

4) just hang out and watch if not interest just leave no need to say hi or make small talk, if you are chatty I will kick you out.

#16     Oct 11, 2011
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The point of the free chat room is that "some" traders are looking for "like minded" traders. Thus, a trend trader shouldn't join a chat room that are trend reversal traders. Instead, the trend trader should join a chat room for trend traders. Just the same, experience traders most likely want to join a chat room that has experience traders. Therefore, experience traders looking for a free chat room should only be looking for a chat room where the majority of the members are also experience traders.

The problem with most free chat rooms is that a specific identity isn't establish in the beginning. Thus, you have traders joining a chat room that has nothing in common amongst its members except for the fact that they trade the same trading instrument.

Solution, establish an identity in the beginning and make sure those wishing to join do understand what type of traders the chat room is looking for as members. That identity in the beginning can easily be establish at the door via the name on the chat room (e.g. Emini ES trend traders, Emini ES price moving average traders, Emini ES breakout traders, Emini ES trend line traders and so on).

These specific identity free chat rooms are out there but are difficult to find because many are private and are only known via word of mouth.

#17     Oct 12, 2011
  8. Very good advice, wrbtrader.

Please be informed that I have freshly registered a channel #ES on Othernet IRC. It is dedicated to trend following the ES which is also the trading style I enjoy with great success. My past trades are documented in my own journal here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226737

Established trend followers, trend traders, position traders, and those who strive to become one are welcome to drop by regularly. The channel is still new so members who frequent it hopefully add up soon.

#18     Oct 13, 2011
  9. Can you clarify the rules. For example, am I allowed to say I am in a trade, or do you want us to all be silent?

Do you get mad if I am in a trade and against your trade, and my trade makes a profit while you take a loss?

#19     Oct 15, 2011
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

silent is golden, you will figure out room protocol eventually. As matter of fact room owner, not me, trades against other callers most of the time.

#20     Oct 15, 2011