Any good forex signals service ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Goodfray, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You are kidding, right?

Let's take a look...

1. "All the result shown in the performance section before March 2004 is back tested."

So, if we are to believe that email response, they've casually, seamlessly blended allegedly real, live performance results from March 2004 on and "backtested" results before March 2004 on one page, in one set of tables. Curious, isn't it, that a disclaimer below the tables mentions only "hypothetical or simulated performance results"? Oh, wait, of course, it's just those perennial killjoys at the CFTC who require that standard disclaimer.

2. "The following tables show the results of our system (Pips). Spreads are not deducted from the result shown below."

And we naively thought that "hypothetical or simulated performance results" was as bad as it was going to get... On what planet, in what alternative, bizarro universe is either simulated or real, live forex trading blissfully spread-free? Maybe we should all relocate there and live happily ever after making markets, without worrying about antiquated Earth notions like bid and ask.

Needless to say, given that startling admission on spreads, it's perfectly safe to consider ALL performance "results" proudly presented on forexprosignals.com to be essentially works of sci-fi, detached from reality and offering no informational content or value whatsoever to the reader.

3. Where are the individual trade-by-trade results shown? Simulated, real, anything, not already nicely aggregated... for the reader's convenience. HUGE red flag right there.

4. Posting "this month performance" once a week, again in aggregate format only... yeah, that's reassuring.

And finally...

5. "It's true that we have established our website on July 2005 but our trading service was available and operational offline since March 2004."

"Offline" in 2004 AD? So, not email, not instant messenger and not a website, correct? Then what exactly are we talking about here -- fax? a phone hotline? snail mail? telegrams? postal carrier pidgeons? smokestacks? or what?

What a joke. The sad part is that apparently people actually still fall for that.

#31     Jan 5, 2006
  2. cbyp

cbyp

I could lie to you just as easily, avoid that company, or get a company name (Ltd.) and look them up at companies house... otherwise theres no proof he was trading offline at all.

I have seen a lot of scams, had lots of emails from a support department who sounded honest then scammed me.

Fastmarket was one, scammed despite telephone contact and real address!

#32     Jan 10, 2006
  3. Goodfray

Goodfray

Cpyb, can you name the forex scams that you tried so i cn avoid them if they are still online.

Thanks

#33     Jan 20, 2006
  4. Goodfray, visit the link referenced in the 4th post of this thread. Then see the section called "Avoid these services" and more details further down.

#34     Jan 20, 2006
  5. Goodfray

Goodfray

Thanks Late Apex. I checked it already :)
    I was asking if i should avoid any of the services that's not listed there.

#35     Jan 20, 2006
  6. Goodfray, go over to money tec. There's this guy in Longtrem Rec. that is out trading everyone with a simple Sunday-Friday strategy.

He's been posting profitable trades for years, and you can actually follow them since you don't have to sit in front of the computer all day. You can still work a normal day job.

Depth Trade
    :)

#36     Jan 24, 2006
  7. There must be dozens, if not hundreds, of online forex trading services out there that you want to avoid. And their number is surely growing every month.

But why in the world would any remotely rational individual investor want to spend any moments of his or her (not infinite) life to actively search those no-good services out? :confused:

Especially when that very link that you "checked already" has done much of the preliminary work for you and clearly shows at least a few providers worth looking into further, to see if any of them fits your specific needs.

If you must use an online, for-profit, by-subscription, trading signals service, then the only correct attitude to adopt is "Guilty until proven innocent." Every such service must be considered initially suspect by default, unless and until proven otherwise through your due diligence research, followed by first-hand experience.

#37     Jan 24, 2006
  8. Goodfray

Goodfray

Peter, How is their performance in January?

#38     Jan 26, 2006
  9. drasfs

drasfs

I suspect that the people over at fx-review are playing a masqerade as there are rumours saying that, and that the website are supervised by fxmaster, axis and the other signal providers that they praise.

Or that they indeed have been paid by them, to praise them, and to stab their competitiors.

If thats not the case, I still think that fxmaster have paid a couple of people to write in different forums, how good and honest they are.

You can never be sure with anything on internet....

If I was created a signal provider, thats exactly what I would do, to pay people to spread rumours how great my signal service is, or just plainly create a website where I praise my service and maybe a couple of others(in order not to make people suspicious).

#39     Jan 28, 2006
  10. FX Review is not a masquerade or a scam. Nor does the website
    have any affilliation with any signal vendors.

The main review page is out of date, you have to drill down to
    the forums to see more recent reviews.

FYI, FX-Axis is not "praised" on FX-Review, rather the opposite.
    See this thread on FX-Axis (read through to the end):

http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=94&mforum

FX-Axis crashed and burned months ago.

And the reviews on FXMaster on FX-Review have been mixed.
    In the past they have been roundly critisized for things like
    not including losing trades in their track record, sending
    signals late or at unfillable prices, and being slow to post
    losing months' results on their site. They seem to have cleaned
    up their act a bit recently, so the most recent reviews have
    been better. However you can still find plenty of negative
    reviews of FXMaster just by using the search facility.

As Dave, FX-Review's proprietor, says "Hope this help!"

#40     Jan 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.