any good chat rooms in Paltalk & Hotcomm?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zxcv1fu, May 22, 2005.

1. Good point, talking about trades or even calling them is not the same as making money trading, but on this board it can easily pass as such... A sucker is born every day... You either have some proof of making money or you don't... And if you don't, is it so hard to figure out why you are running a chat room?

#51     May 26, 2005
  2. traderob

traderob

I was only a trial member in el ricardos room for a week so I don't know as much as you -especially if you are el ric - (your sentence phrasing sounds like him, but then Woodies groupies start to sound like him too). But the booting I was referring too was over a few stock trades, not ES pts.
    I think the master asked members how they were doing and a couple said they were down. And then a while later he abuses one and kicks him out.
    Members like potted plants is not a bad description of some chatrooms...

#52     May 26, 2005
  3. qtip

qtip

In my ealier posts, I had menitoned that I was in the Futures Trading Room. They don't comment on all the market's news but only talk about the setups they take based on thier strategies and tradesetups. Every so often, they send out a performance report. I have pasted the results for hte first quarter of this year based on 4 different strategies.

Good Luck!

I ended up quiting the room because I started working a full time job and they don't allow me to trade:)

Monthly

Spreads Trend Range Combined

Jan 330 3438 4900 8,668
    Feb 2293 838 2700 5,831
    Mar 1892 0 -50 1,842
    Apr
    May
    Jun
    Jul
    Aug
    Sep
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec

Total 16,341
    550 r/t 1st Q

#53     May 26, 2005
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

How many contracts per trade?

#54     May 26, 2005
  5. You only need to see one guru to have seen them all. Their psychopathology varies only a little... Some do wear gloves, but most behave like butchers...

#55     May 26, 2005
  6. qtip

qtip

That i am not sure, but at the bottom, you have 550 round turn contracts listed. I am assuming this is spread out between the different systems.

#56     May 26, 2005
  7. tango29

tango29

I don't know how someone could do it for most daytrading unless they had a mic and called the trades. I know the last thing I need to do is flip flop between windows or computers to type in calls. I tried this on here in a journal, and there was no way to do it live, it had to be after the fact.
    For those that question why would someone do it? Anyone who has a business knows if you can create another revenue stream with minimal cost, why not? I would love to have people paying me $300-$500 a month to give them the trades I'm making anyway. I'd use that money to expand trading into other areas, or yea, buy some fun toys for time away for trading.:)

#57     May 26, 2005
  8. qtip

qtip

From what I remember, they call the trades before hand and you get to watch them place it via the market depth so you can watch the P&L. From what I saw, it seemed to be very honest.

But that being said, I have tried a lot of others that have put a bitter taste in my mouth so it is difficult to believe.

#58     May 26, 2005
  9. That's not the point. The point is that unless you can prove that you actually make money trading, running the chatroom is more likely to be your main source of income and not another stream of revenue. I suspect that's the case in most situations. The subscriber is holding the bag of this business expansion that started from a bogus business in the first place...

I have no problem with profitable traders running chatrooms, but most are imposters and they all should be considered such until they prove otherwise. In this business that's the only rule to go by...

#59     May 26, 2005
  10. tango29

tango29

I agree with what you say, my point was just that it does make sense from a business standpoint if you can do it. Like so many I have gone through the rooms on Paltalk and am just amazed at all the b.s.. It makes good back ground noise but little else. I was in one last week and this week where the guy was claiming 10pt days and surprise, surprise the only 10pt days were when I wasn't in the room, and he probably has been barely profitable do to the quantity of trades anyway.

#60     May 26, 2005