any good chat rooms in Paltalk & Hotcomm?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zxcv1fu, May 22, 2005.

1. Paltalk: Yes MarketVU is the best free one. I am in the twaves.com paid one often.

#31     May 24, 2005
  2. lol - hurry and sign-up, they only have 1 spot left!!!

whatever

#32     May 24, 2005
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Mostly yeah, sad to say. I'd rather listen to a room that has general information, like new highs or lows or reminders about what's coming out at 10, or comments like "Over the past three days, we've made new HOD during the 3:00 hour."

Sadly, most traders want calls. Maybe it's just me, but if I hear too many calls made, it ends up confusing my trading. Just give me the data, don't trade for me.

#33     May 24, 2005
  4. TGregg

TGregg

As I understand it, the MarketVu went from free to fee-based a few months ago. Did they switch back?

#34     May 24, 2005
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

If the room is very good:

The system will be clearly defined.
    The trades will be called aheah of time w/ entry, exit, stop loss & money management.
    There is alwasy update about performance like how many $$$ made.

Some rooms are not clear. They tell you supports & resistance, also will say market will go either way. They will ask did you take the trade. In that way any one can be moderator.

#35     May 24, 2005
  6. lar

lar

I was invited to attend this one at Paltalk, but I never went.

Each night beginning just before 10 CST a room is opened in the Business Section called "Commodity Trading".

I don't need new internet sites to spend time at, I do that enough already. lol

If you find it useful then have at it.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#36     May 24, 2005
  7. jem

jem

doesn't

nihabaashi ahsi have a room.

I went there and exchanged emails with him. At first he was nice but said he only wanted full time futures traders.

I was respectful told him I was transitioning but had made lots of money scalping stocks in the past using the futures as my guide and that I would be respectful of the rooms rules if he let me in.

He said o.k. and asked me fill out some information. I decided at the time I did want to go through the effort because I was still wanting to trade stocks.

But I was impressed with his courtesy, professionalism and his flexibility.

Again, I have no idea about his calls, but I bet his room is tight ship. (in a good way)

#37     May 24, 2005
  8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

nihabaashi ahsi?

Which room?

#38     May 24, 2005
  9. Hi Jem,

Just some clarification.

The room you mentioned is not suitable for this particular thread discussion.

Here's why...

* It's not a signal calling room
    * Everybody required to post their realtime trades (no head trader and no gurus)
    * Room is not on Paltalk nor Hotcomm

No education is involved and if a member or I have anything to say along that lines (education)...we post it here at ET and then post a direct link to the post in the chat room.

NihabaAshi

#39     May 24, 2005
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

The kind that traders post all their trades are every where. If anyone is interested in such please start another thread to find out. Vu's room will fall into this category. It is highly recommended. I attend his HC room sometimes.

In this thread we are interested in a mentor lead chat room. Let's focus in this kind. So far we have not found one that really making $$$. I have hooked up one good trader to trade big hedge $$$. He is not interested to have a chat room or teach anyone.

Thanks for all the posts, please keeps them coming.

#40     May 25, 2005