Any good books to read lately? Leisure reading is also of interest.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Howard, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Howard

Howard

Hi all,

My old trading library consisted of roughly 100 + books. I think most of them were fairly useless, but I was new to the market when I started buying books and studying them.

I sold all my trading books the last time I moved, but kept Trading & Exchanges by Harris and also New Trading Systems and Methods by Perry Kaufman. I highly recommend both of these books.

I seem to recall Trader Vic's books were pretty good also.

Finally, my favorite books were the Market Wizards series by Jack Schwager. Very inspiring and interesting to read.

But as I said - I sold off everything except the two books mentioned.

Anyway - are there any books to recommend that can be useful or interesting? Forget about technical analysis stuff or newbie books. I know most of that stuff already and read enough of that in the past.

Are there any new books which are similar to the old Wizards books? Or just a good leisure read related to the industry?

Currently reading Liar's Poker.

Best regards.

2. drm7

drm7

Billion Dollar Whale isn't directly trading-related, but it is an incredible story about fraud on an epic scale by an unknown kid. True story.

Bad Blood is the story of Theranos, and reads like fiction (even though it is, sadly, another true story).

Howard likes this.
  3. Howard

Howard

Nice! I actually have a friend reading the first book you mentioned right now. Definitely interested in these type of reads as well.

So, thanks.

4. I'm enjoying dark pools by Patterson

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

What every BODY is saying /Joe Navarro for Non-Trading. Although I find that books about psychology, mass-psychology, and human behavior explain better the moves in the market than all the hindsight analysis.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. Bekim

Bekim

Reminiscens of a stock operator, Black edge, What I learned losing a million dollars, trading in the zone, A man of all markets, Black swan

7. qlai

qlai

8. fan27

fan27

If you are interested in some Sci-Fi, I recommend Alastair Reynolds trilogy:

Revelation Space
    Redemption Ark
    Absolution Gap

9. Handle123

Handle123

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds by Charles MacKay
    Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins

10. dealmaker

dealmaker

"The Snowball" by Alice Schroeder
    "Education of a Speculator" by Victor Niederhoffer
    "Against the Gods" by Peter L. Bernstein