Any good books on using Tradestation?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CasperCRF, Nov 16, 2005.

1. I just got Tradestation today and i'm a little overwhelmed with all the features. I went through some of the tutorials and they help a little but I was looking for something better. Any one who uses tradestation know a good book for a beginner with tradestation?

2. Surdo

Surdo

3. Try e-Bay if you want to find some TradeStation books that may be a little hard to find.

I bought an EasyLanguage book from a Reseller called 'Using Easy Language.' The person also sells other TradeStation code and tools.

Her screen name is 'ChaChegirl.' You can find items sold by other vendors by typing 'TradeStation' into the search box on the home e-Bay home page.

Good luck!

4. At novice to intermediate level I would recommend Pruitt and Hill’s “Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation.” This book starts at the beginning for non-programmers and works through program structure, control structures, analysis techniques, debugging and optimization. The book includes a number of example strategies each of which is developed from the ground up.

Also I would recommend Pardo’s “Design, Testing, and Optimization of Trading Systems.” The book has nothing to do with TradeStation, but provides a workable methodology for strategy development.