Any good book or resources on how to create and manage your own (small) hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 88888888, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Can any one advice me any good book or resources on how to create and manage your own (small) hedge fund (security, not future)?

What I am looking for mainly is in HF creation, regulation and back office operation, etc, but not HF investment strategies.

Thanks.

2. Check out "The Fundamentals of Hedge Fund Management" by Strachman

3. If you know someone with a hundred million or so, you're good to go. If you don't, don't expect anything unless you want to pay about $50k in legal fees to start, not counting the tens of thousands it will cost once you're setup with all your prime brokers and pay for whatever data you plan to use. But, don't let me stop you, good luck.

4. MGJ

MGJ

There is a (BOOK) called "How to Create and Manage a Hedge Fund". But you must have known that, since you used those exact words here, in the title of your ET thread.

5. You'll also need a time machine so you can go back in time when there were enough dopes who wanted to invest in hedge funds that you could easily gather up capital.

6. Agreed. I can assure you pension money will think twice about even keeping capital with these guys.

Whatever you do guy, don't call it a hedge fund...call it something else.

7. wenzi

wenzi

Would stay away from Richard if I were you.

8. He a hoodoo?