Any good book for learning trading system programming?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by j2ee, Apr 12, 2013.

1. #11     May 9, 2013
  2. j2ee

j2ee

I have finished this book, pretty good!

#12     May 9, 2013
  3. HTmarket

HTmarket

Books on computational finance.

#13     May 9, 2013
  4. j2ee

j2ee

Did anyone read Building Automated Trading Systems: With an Introduction to Visual C++.NET 2005 (Financial Market Technology)? Do you like it?

#14     May 9, 2013
  5. j2ee

j2ee

it would be good of there is book or blog with examples showing how to build a basic one from scratch.

#15     May 10, 2013
  6. Sergio77

Sergio77

The best book is the market itself. Since trading is not a science, everything you need is no better than metaphysics. You may be better off using astrology.

#16     May 12, 2013
  7. Hehe, I think you missed the question he asked... It was not about astrology, but how to get ideas to write an automated trading system. I have problems seeing how astrology should help setting up a script that will automate trades. :)

As mentioned before, I think Quantitative Trading is a good place to start.

Good luck whatever you may choose, astrology or not :)

#17     Jun 10, 2013
  8. j2ee

j2ee

I read some reviews/comments of the book and people say there aren't any real backtests in the book to show astrology/Gann way works, well it is still a very interesting topic but I doubt any human in the world can really have a backtested profitable trading system with astrology/Gann way.

#18     Jun 13, 2013
  9. Eyez

Eyez

"Building Automated Trading Systems"

Literately, with TT XTAPI and FIX examples

#19     Jun 13, 2013
  10. jjs235

jjs235

Look at the API examples on Interactive Brokers (forget about FIX, it is very complicated and you can easily outsource this part).

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=/en/software/ibapi.php

I would code in JAVA, it is quite efficient and not that difficult (it may not be the fastest language, but it is fast enough and can be used for low latency applications as you become more advanced). If you know nothing about JAVA, start here-

http://www.learnjavaonline.org/

Your local community college most likely offers a great JAVA 101 course. You may also need to learn JAVA 201.

#20     Jun 14, 2013