Any Gap Traders Out There? Pass Along Some Images of Your Gap Trades, Good And Bad.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by easymon1, Jun 29, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

mind the gap2.jpg trading gap trading breakaway continuation exhaustion.jpg

Gap Traders
    _____ post some guidelines that keep you gap traders profitable and in the game.
    charts
    rules
    do's and dont's
    tips tricks and traps
    also,
    Anybody who wants to do a little digging online and post a round-up of what you conclude, or find, or a summary, or... do it to it.
    -

gap trading breakaway continuation exhaustion
    https://yippy.com/ysa/cgi-bin/query-meta?v:project=yippy-com-images&v:sources=yippy-images&query=gap trading breakaway continuation exhaustion&

gap trade fill
    https://yippy.com/ysa/cgi-bin/query-meta?v:sources=yippy-images&v:project=yippy-com-images&query=gap+trade+fill
    -

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    777 likes this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Doji Best Friend Signal

Dailiesette likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

is there such a thing as a continuation doji? or a measured move doji?
    continuation doji end engulfing2m2.png

4. IMV, the only candlestick patters of worth are those at the end of big/range moves, indicating "reversal possible".... Morning Star, Evening Star, Shooting Star, Hanging Man, Hammer, Engulfing, Dark Cloud Cover.... and maybe Harami.

There are 4 kinds of gaps...

Gap-n-Go
    Gap-n-Crap
    Gap-Fill-Resume
    Gap-"half-fill"-resume

Initially you have to guess as to which one it is... but at least it's limited to these alternatives.

Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  5. Corky5

Corky5

i used to trade gap ups all the time on earnings.
    however, i would find myself chasing at the open and would sometime get destroyed on the pull back. what i do now is wait about 10-20 minutes, sometimes a little longer before i jump in on a pull back. playing gaps are tough but can be quite rewarding. it takes discipline and caution.

Spooz Top 2 likes this.