Any Gain Capital Traders care to share their experience about the firm?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by T-Bone Trader, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Our Group have been trading with this broker for a long time now and they really give you fair pricing. I haven't had any experience of slippages or stop losses being hit with 10 or more points away. Plus my stop losses are executed right on my preferred price. They really deliver fair pricing and I would say the fairest execution in the world of FX. I have been a trader since 1982.

#11     Aug 12, 2009
  2. stay way away

#12     Aug 26, 2009
  3. Depending on your trading size you may want to consider trading CME currency futures. A regulated exchange provides price transparency and Level II DOM to base trade decisions from.

With $5 commissions and a 2 tick spread the trading costs are consistent with Spot FX at least for EUR/USD.

#13     Aug 29, 2009
  4. Went with these guys GCPfx I had to put up a decent amount of capital. the have their own platform with 12 LP's I trade through their prime broker and also have access to 7 other platforms including EBS which I can run my algo and the bro is fair with potential retro discoun

#14     Aug 31, 2009
  5. You can use Ninjatrader for 100% free if you have a GAIN (forex.com) account.

#15     Sep 4, 2009
  6. This is exactly right. Trade the CME micro currencies. At $0.50 per side commission they are affordable and an exchange traded product. Then you never have to worry about a dealing desk.

#16     Sep 4, 2009
  7. lpar6

lpar6

I traded with Gain for 3 months and was not happy with their execution and spreads. Everything went their way all the time. I have an interactive brokers account and when i did a side by side...Gain didn't even come close. I don't recommend them at all.

#17     Mar 17, 2011
  8. Why is everyone freaking out because of dbFX.
    FXCM lost their best client and Gain Capital got the cherry. The winner takes it all.

Waters from DB said once: “Through the dbFX platform, clients can easily diversify into forex. An increase in the use of dbFX Managed Accounts, combined with an increase in overall trading volumes, strongly indicates the changing role Forex will play in the markets moving forward.”

Now, those client do the same at Gain Capital, no big changes.

#19     Jun 7, 2011
  9. I spent HOURS gaining about 30% in my account, one deal at a time. Got margin stopped out once earlier today,

#20     Jul 12, 2011