Any fx options trader here?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by taq, Aug 11, 2011.

1. taq

taq

I trade in fx spot mkt.
    I do not find much volume in ISE & cme exchanges on fx options on futures or spot & also options available on currency etf's are also low.

Any fx options trader can help me where you trade for directional or hedging purpose??

2. OTC

There's some liquidity in options on CME ccy futures, but it's nothing to write home about.

3. equities side, it seems like a noble attempt but there's no volume, FXE has the most liquidity if you only trade euro. fxoptions.com is the ISE listings marketing website.

futures, again 6E has the most liquidity.

best bet is otc, if you are in the US retail only current option is alpari fx options, most brokers have left US retail with dodd-frank. Otherwise you need to be an eligible participant/institutional as per dodd-frank. Or some other work around if you can do a handshake with your broker.

if you are non-us resident, you can try saxobank, i-k-o-n and other shops that cater to european/asian/australian traders. be wary of counterparty risk with shops based out of bum fuck international, good luck.

That's the vanilla stuff btw, there are more binary option providers. but I don't swing that way.

4. I'm looking for the best forex option broker, too.

Currently I trade vanilla options with ****.
    I think it's liquidity is better than forex options listed in the markets(ISE, SME) but I'm not satisfied.

Maybe I think Saxo has the best liquidity but unfortunately, I'm an US resident...

Now I'm interested in Alpari US.
    Is here anyone who tried it?
    Please leave your comment on how liquid Alpari's option is.