Any Futures Prop Traders/CME Seat Lessees

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NetProfit, May 13, 2002.

1. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I tend to agree. commissions is not the most important thing. Actually the most important cost in trading is tax, not commissions.
    However commissions must be kept under control since they will take a bite of every profit and dig yourself deeper when losing. You can't ignore them.

commissions are the edge for brokers and prop firms. that's granted.

for traders commissions are a cost. just like in any business you have cost. and actually, in proportion, commissions in trading are much lower than cost in many (most) other industries.

obviously, some trading strategies just can't afford high commissions and still they are legit (market making for instance, does require low cost). for swing or position trading, if the success depends on low commissions, maybe the strategy is not well though. I am only putting things in perspective. there is not one way to see it.

tntneo

#61     May 28, 2002
  2. If your trading strategy isn't profitable w/o low commisions a new approach should be implemented that is a little more sound. When trading in an enviroment with tight restraint such as commision sensitive, your style will be subject to change with these most recent types of markets especially.IMHO

Best,

comp

#62     May 28, 2002
  3. The way I interpret the fee schedule of FFasttrade. Using the Remote Professional schedule, you would pay $550/month, and than would pay the normal exchange fees, and .50cents/ side.
    Example. emini SP would run $1.16/side exchange fee than add the 50 cents / side or $3.32 RT/ all fees included. I'd say a pretty great rate. The DAX would run about $2.05 RT using 50 cents/side commission .06/ side fees, and .50 euros/side Eurex exchange fee. Of course you would still have to amortize the $550 over your trades for the month. I have no idea how their trading platform works, however I hear they clear through GNI.

#63     May 28, 2002