Any Futures Prop Traders/CME Seat Lessees

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NetProfit, May 13, 2002.

1. Haas

Haas

GATrader - I think I read that 3 times before understanding. You would think they could come up with a simpler deal!

#41     May 21, 2002
  2. I don't know man. Seems way off the curve to me. When I had my roof done, I got 6 estimates 4 clustered around 10K, 1 contractor wanted 14K-Home depot-go figure and one guy wanted 7K.Hmmm... Guess which 2 I did'nt use......

#42     May 21, 2002
  3. One other thing....

If IB can't provide customer service at their rates of $4.8 How can anyone provide better service at less .. Even if they can, the rate will make traders move there in droves which will then flood their cust service in event of crash. You get the idea. I guess one word comes to mind-sustainability

#43     May 21, 2002
  4. I talked to FfastTrade as well, but never came away from that conversation with the impression that I was going to be paying less than IB...I must have received different information(lol), kinda like talking to a car dealer...

The most competitive offer I have received aside from IB was thru Ascend Trading(division of Clifden Futures) for $5.80 r/t(all fees) for first 500 then 4.80 r/t thru Pats J-Trader...

#44     May 21, 2002
  5. Vulture:

Just make sure you do your due diligence on any broker. Every broker that you read in the papers that have done funny things are NFA registered. Which means it ain't worth squat ... In ascend trading they have a blurb which says accounts are segregated at Mogan Chase blah blah .. are fully protected by CFTC law. What...? Protection from what....

#45     May 22, 2002
  6. Do half you clowns really believe what u type? MERC scum, what?
    Some computer trader is going to pick off a floor member?

What the hell, of course the computuers and traders are trading against each other idiot....of course every one has the risk of being picked off. What, computers make you safe, lol, we can see your orders coming down the pipe, as individual. TT does not show you individual orders, the book just shows you size but not who. GLobx does not either........you dont know if institutions are buying or some local....

The business does not come down to computures vs floor, its all based around commissions. and most of you guys pay outrages commissions, so even if your making money, your giving a lot back.

In this market commissions are the key.......yesterdays market, nobody cared because everything was moving, remember us hitting limit downs, twice in one day, opening limit up every other day......when was the last time we hit the limits guys...????

#46     May 22, 2002
  7. It was before they changed the limit rules to 2.5% and on up. I agree, the old limits provided lots of great plays that aren't there today. Many of the newer traders probably don't know what a limit up move in index futures is.

#47     May 22, 2002
  8. commissions only cause leaks when you first pay them; new roofs can leak after you pay for them ...

#48     May 22, 2002
  9. I agree.

#49     May 22, 2002
  10. sabena

sabena

I had a talk with Tom Chlada , the CEO
    of FFastFill.

These are introduction commissions to attract
    new customers. However the guys that open
    an account now will still be able to get a better rate in the future.
    They will sooner or later raise rates.

He claims that his software is faster than
    J-trader because they are now connected
    to the new server at the CME.

Traders who have traded with J-trader confirm
    this, he says.

He is a very ambitious guy. I like him !

#50     May 22, 2002