Any free real-time options pricer?

Discussion in 'Options' started by turkeyneck, May 7, 2010.

1. spindr0

spindr0

Did you find a replacement that offered similar features?

2. ptrjon

ptrjon

I log into scottrade to view options quotes- it's annoying- if anyone has a free outside link, it'd be appreciated.

3. spindr0

spindr0

I have access to Scotrade but they don't have IV in the chains (as OX does/did), at least I don't see it. CBOE has chains but no IV.

Got IV?

4. Spin,

Just as a question: Is it possible to open an OX account and just have say $500 in it just for getting IV chains? You would also get their other tools of course if you did that. I don't think they charge any fees such as inactivity, but I could be wrong and you'd want to be carefull about it of course.

I do use OptionsXpress myself, and I have the default view to show me the IV, and it is very useful. I am surprised others don't do it, considering it's really just a simple calc they can run very easily since they have the other data.

I guess my other advice would be to send an email to Scotrade and who ever else you use requesting the feature.

JJacksET4

5. spindr0

spindr0

Thanks... been there, doing that. I have an idle $500 account at Scottrade so that I can get free streaming real time Dow Jones News (used to pay $39.95 a month at Ameritrade). Might have to do the same at OX.

6. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

7. ptrjon

ptrjon

8. spindr0

spindr0

In case you weren't aware of it, the OX site is up and running again.

#10     Jun 16, 2010