Any former drinkers who quit for good?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cutten, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I guess I never really thought of it that way, coz it never appeared as though I had much of a problem with it, life went well. I also didnt have any real psychological issues getting off of it - but at the same time I don't think I'd have had some dreams about it if everything was A ok.

#31     Jul 4, 2009

2. I was never a big drinker. Wine most nights. I had tried for some time to lose about 25 lbs. I am 5.10 195 but wanted to get back to about 170. I tried everything. Finally I ran out of wine one night in 2005 and just said fuck it, I'am quitting to lose weight and to quit pissing away money for no reason.

It was easy to do. Unfortunately I didn't lose any weight. The only alcohol that I have quit drinking that caused me to lose weight was Beer and that was when I was in my mid 20's.

However, after about 3 months of not drinking I realized how easier life is without drinking.

Alcohol has no redeeming value what so ever in ones life. Its best not to drink. Plus like you I hate being around drunks. I think most of the idiotic posts here are from people high on drugs or alcohol.

For those that can't quit its probably genetic and their parents, grandparents were probably drunks too.

John

#32     Jul 5, 2009
  3. 3121

doesn't a little wine make your blood a bit thinner and that fatty meal a little worse for you? does it??

#33     Jul 5, 2009
  4. Arnie

Arnie

First the man takes a drink
    Then the drink takes a drink
    Then the drink takes the man.

Regarding dreams. When I quit cigs (and that took YEARS) I would wake up with a start, convinced i had gone back to smoking. This was a recurring dream (nightmare ?) that lasted off and on for probably 5 years. Haven't had that dream in a long time. I quit smoking in 1985 and was a pack to pack and half/day smoker. I honestly don't know how I did it. I quit one Monday Like I had for the past 50 Mondays and it just "took". I remember thinking....wow, made it through another day, let's see if I can do it tomorrow...and it just went on like that.

Regarding the drinking, just cut it out during the workweek. Save it for the weekend or holidays. And don't drink cheap booze. There is a difference. :D

#34     Jul 5, 2009