Any Fixed Income traders out there....?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tracedef, Dec 19, 2002.

1. pjs

pjs

have been a head trader at a government dealer on wall street and a futures trader in chicago. have never been at customer type firm. would like to suggest that it might be easier to learn at a government dealer. first, there are more of them, so getting hired should be easier. second, i found dealers to not care so much about higher education as higher results.

#11     Dec 21, 2002
  2. tracedef

tracedef Guest

That's what I'm really looking forward to as far as perspective goes........I have such a micro perspective of the markets that I have a very hard time changing gears and trying to get a better macro view or basis to trade from. That has always been a challenge for me. Especially when day in and day out I've been dealing with such short time frames............I guess there only one thing to do...........bust ass and do whatever it takes to get my foot in the door. Phd or not. What kind of time frames do you guys trade, by the way.......? Your feedback is more important than you'll ever know. Thanks so much!!

#12     Dec 24, 2002
  3. Most of my trading is intra day although I do take longer term positions based on my expectations for the fixed income markets.

#13     Dec 24, 2002
  4. tracedef

tracedef Guest

What I meant to say is what type of time frames do you use to trade fixed income.... Thanks.

#14     Dec 24, 2002