Any firms out there that are created for position traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sltrader, Apr 15, 2008.

1. It does us no good if traders don't make money...the longer they stay with us, and make good money, obviously they are valuable to us. I'm speaking from our corporate level, can't speak to other firms and their "managers" interests.

Don

#31     Apr 16, 2008
  2. sltrader

sltrader

I agree but it seems like a certain hyperactive trading style is in your best interest

#32     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Our firm is mostly postion traders. Cassandra as well. Don will let you guys hold the HD/LOW pair trade as long as you like. Might even let you guys trade the F/GM pair. But that one is tricky, right Don? LOL. :)

#33     Apr 16, 2008
  4. i'm going off the history of failed traders at my firm. there are memorable ones who blamed the firms daytrading style for their losses. it was our fault because we wouldn't let them hold losing trades or that we had no tolerance for drawdowns. we have a lot of really good traders and the good profitable traders trade however they want to. all that matters is that you are making money.

#34     Apr 16, 2008
  5. i am one of the top traders at my office but there is no pressure on traders if they aren't trading a ton of shares. i know i sure as hell don't trade a ton of shares. the only time you will get pressure is if you are bleeding money. i'm lucky to be at a good firm.

#35     Apr 16, 2008
  6. nobody heard of schonfeld, rbc prop, shottenfeld? they all offer roughly 50/50 split and let you hold size for as long as you like and dont take money up. just need good track record to get in.

#36     Apr 16, 2008
  7. I am thinking about going to RBC. I have been in talks with them for a while now.

#37     Apr 16, 2008
  8. sltrader

sltrader

can anyone out there currently trading at one of the above mentioned firms provide some additional feedback on this?

#38     Apr 17, 2008
  9. I would appreciate some info as well. What kind of overnight leverage do you get if there's a deposit, and if no deposit, what access to overnight capital is offered? I know it's subjective on skill level but ballpark it for someone who's fairly decent.

#39     Apr 17, 2008
  10. they dont take deposits and they will give you plenty of overnight buying power if you have good track record. they usually start people at $2MM buying power and that can be employed however you want.

#40     Apr 17, 2008