Any firms hiring with no capital contribution

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nuton, Dec 1, 2003.

1. What, you woiking for that kosher outfit?

#51     May 14, 2004
  2. So you run a small desk at Spectrum, which means you've probably got your Series 7 at least. I believe that the SEC and NASD rules identify e-mail and instant message traffic as communications with the public that must be monitored and archived by all member firms. I wonder how posts to a message board for traders are treated?

#52     May 15, 2004
  3. That's strange. I wonder how those of such persuasion at the firm would view his littany of hateful posts. Perhaps they'd be interested in seeing them (when they are not involved in controlling the media and banking, that is). Hmmm. . . .

#53     May 15, 2004
  4. OMG...i can see it now. tom brokaw opening the evening news with, "grimer11 made some politically incorrect comments on elite trader today. thanks to the fast thinking of mr sub calling the sec/nasd, we have been alerted and warn everyone to stay away."

look, grimer has made some comments that have pissed me off also, but last time i looked there are no laws against it. if you disagree with his statements then just expose the lies!!!!!!! don't threaten his livelihood, that is just cowardly.

#54     May 15, 2004
  5. No offense ratboy, but I've long suspected you of being grimer. Or a clone at least.

#55     May 15, 2004
  6. Rat, I gotta disagree with you. While I have no comment on the regulatory implications of what he's done, that cretin has been disseminating hateful garbage using the offices of a firm owned by the very people he's been writing such ugly lies about. Sorry, but if it was my firm, I'd want to know about it.

#56     May 15, 2004
  7. you have been wasting a lot of time then.

#57     May 15, 2004
  8. then that is between him and his firm, but threatening his job is cowardly. bringing up the sec and the nasd...trying to obtain his IP address....for WHAT??? i have a huge problem with that. what was mr sub going to do with his ip address....track him down? then what??? this is a freakin message board...come on.

#58     May 15, 2004
  9. ratboy, your interest is commendable and, given my previously expressed opinion about you, quite natural. I have no need for grimer's IP address, nor am I interested in it. I just felt that after he desecrated the Nick Berg thread with his racist bullshit, the Berg family might be. Go check. The whole world, myself included, was still reeling from shock and disgust, but poor old grimer couldn't help himself. He couldn't wait a few days. He couldn't find another thread to spout his bullshit. grimer kept pushing, and aggressively at that.

I'm waiting for grimer to say more or less (well, a little more) what you have and I'll let it go. Otherwise I'll pursue this to the end, whatever that may be.

And finally, nowhere have I "threatened his livelihood".

#59     May 15, 2004
  10. you sound reasonable but your detective skills are off this time. i couldn't care less if you and grimer kiss and make up. i just got extremely mad when i read your post requesting his IP address. i just thought that was crossing the line. when maverick went crazy on waggie i felt the same way....(personally don't care for either)

#60     May 15, 2004