Any firms hiring with no capital contribution

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nuton, Dec 1, 2003.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Read up on witness protection programs and the people that go in there. Street smart mobsters go in to the program and get a new identity and a job in a corporation. Those guys rise in the organizations and make it to the boards of directors sometimes.

On the other hand Mr. Market is from Wharton so maybe they are teaching something the rest of us can't understand, something beyond street smarts maybe?? Scary thought.

#41     Dec 2, 2003
  2. klein

klein

I trade for ETG in NY and I can say definitively that ETG is not going bankrupt. People who start these type of rumors should get a life. It is True that some offices are doing better than others , but most traders here are profitable and generate good commissions. As for not knowing your P&L , it would be impossible that any intelligent person that trades with our software doesn't know his P&L for the month. Our system allows you to check your monthly P&L right from the the taskbar on the trading platform.

#42     Dec 3, 2003
  3. nuton

nuton

I had many technical difficulties with my computer at ETG, but I was going to ask this week how to check my P&L. It showed the P&L for the day on the positions screen but I never bothered trying to check for total P&L as I was only trading live for 2 weeks and knew it wouldn't be much either way.

Does the office you work for require capital contribution?

Thanks.

#43     Dec 3, 2003
  4. klein

klein

For ETG's proprietary traders there is no capital contribution required. For the retail customers ETG requires a capital contribution.

#44     Dec 3, 2003
  5. keep in mind that a survey not long ago revealed that 50% of CEOs had no graduate degree.

#45     Dec 3, 2003
  6. zdreg

zdreg

doubtful that etg requires a capital contribution for retail customer
    retail customer put up money for margin requirements but they don't make capital contributions

#46     Dec 5, 2003
    #47     Dec 5, 2003
  8. Does ETG have an office in irvine, CA ? If so are they hiring? Anyone know about this? I spoke over the phone with ETG but they only mentioned the ATL office. They seemed to be really picky about their interview process...

#48     Jan 29, 2004
  9. jlcarey1

jlcarey1

try www.scptrading.com

Spectrum Capital Partners ----- A sub of schonfeld.

I used to work there. They do not require a capital contribution.

#49     Feb 2, 2004
  10. I trade at Spectrum and love it...........it seems to be having some growing pains at the moment, but all in all it is a very good place to be.

grimer11

#50     Feb 3, 2004