Any Firms hiring in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by slumpey, Aug 13, 2002.

1. slumpey

slumpey

I was wondering if any prop. trading firms that allow you to trade the firms capital are hiring in NYC. I have all the licenses already and was wondering where to apply. Have an interview lined up with Worldco already. Please help.

2. as I know, the following firms are hiring:

heartland, generic (broadway office, no capital needed), schonfeld (manhattan offices are freezing hiring junior traders, if you are experienced, you can try this one).

Hope those information willbe helpful.

Good luck

3. Number Date Type Wage
    1035785 08/12/2002 Full Time Entry Level Salary To Be Determined
    Start Openings Location Hours
    ASAP Several Manhattan, NY Schedule To Be Arranged
    Company Description
    One of the largest proprietary trading firms in New York City. We are distinguished by our strong work ethic and commitment to building a core group of proprietary traders. A member of the PHLX.
    Job Qualifications
    Strong interest in US Equity markets. Strong financial & analytical skills. High degree of professionalism & creativity. Able to 'think outside the box.' Outstanding attention to detail. Fast thinker & quick learner.
    Job Description
    GTP is looking for a select group of individuals who want to learn to trade US Equities in a fast-paced environment in Manhattan, NY. Proprietary traders will have access to firm capital. Our extensive training program will consist of risk management, technical analysis, hedging techniques, tape-reading and position management. The Series 7 Licensed trader will not be required to put up capital. Day Trading involves risk.
    This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
    Contact Information
    How to Apply EMAIL RESUME
    When to Apply Email Cover Letter & Resume
    Contact Mark Gikher
    GENERIC TRADING OF PHILADELPHIA, LL
    11 Broadway, Suite 1700
    New York, NY 10004
    212-635-3510
    212-635-3512 FAX
    mgikher@carlingroup.com

4. Number Date Type Wage
    197979 08/08/2002 Full Time Entry Level No Salary. Significant Share Of Profits
    Start Openings Location Hours
    Jan 2003 Several New York Metropolitan, NY Schedule To Be Determined
    Company Description
    A detailed cover letter in addition to your resume is required expressing why a trading firm such as ETG is suited for you. ETG is a national leading proprietary trading firm which is a member of the NASD and SIPC.
    Job Qualifications
    Entrepreneurial, disciplined, creative individuals who desires a career as a professional electronic trader. You must be prepared to make a long-term contractual commitment, and work in the NY Metro area for at least one year.
    Job Description
    Once in a lifetime opportunity to learn how to trade from a Wall Street 'Master-Trader.' After seven years as CEO of ETC, LLC, Robert A. Kanter will take time off to personally teach the January class. ETG's founder and author of 'The Art of Trading' Video Series will teach you to develop a 'trader business' by using the principles that have been successful in all types of markets within his 40-year experience. After initial training you will begin live trading, use ETG's capital, and have no financial risk.
    This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
    Contact Information
    How to Apply EMAIL RESUME
    When to Apply No Phone Calls
    Contact Pamela Kanter
    Director of Human Resources
    ELECTRONIC TRADING GROUP (ETG, LLC)
    900 3rd Ave., Suite 200
    New York, NY 10022
    mhudowalski@etgtrade.com

5. Just want to mention that those advertisements are from my school's career services. So it means that they should consider junior traders. if you are interested, you can apply. Both don't need any capital contribution. Good luck to you.

6. slumpey

slumpey

you have been alot of help. Do you work in the Schonfeld office in NYC. Are they hiring right now. I am an assistant trader right now. I have all the licenses. Can I forward you a resume.

7. slumpey

slumpey

What is there atmosphere like. Been trying to contact them