Any experiences with Vision Financial?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by heech, Aug 5, 2009.

1. heech

heech

Hi there,

Any experiences out there with Vision Financial as a FCM? Good or bad?

2. worked with them for years.. you need to give more information.. are you looking at starting an IB or are you going retail thru one of their brokers? good and bad.. but your money will be safe with them

3. heech

heech

Somewhere in between?

Will be starting as a 7-digit retail account, but need some special treatment (direct pit access), and looking to migrate to CPO within 6-12 months.

I'm not too demanding, but I just want to know they're reasonable when problems inevitably come up (with risk/margin, fills, platforms, whatever)... and will help me resolve them.

What are the "bad" aspects...?

Thanks!

4. lol.. no one with 7 digits trades retail with vision..lol.. c-ya..sucka

5. heech

heech

You went from pretty helpful in the first message to not so helpful in the second.

Anyways, spoke to Howard @ Vision this morning. Looks like I will not have to go retail through one of their IBs.

I'm still interested in your input on what might be "bad" at Vision.

6. ok...so you spoke with Mr.HR. Good for you and now you have credability. Vision will give you excellent customer service, but as far as the trading platform i think it leaves much to be desired. i personally enjoy mf global or ib. however, Vision is a very solid outfit. Goodluck to you.

7. bad= i uswed to pay too much in fees with them thats all. maybe they have better rates now. you can always negotiate better deals

8. heech

heech

Much thanks, appreciate the insight.

Good to hear there's nothing bad behind the covers. Fees/platform, those are all right up front, so I'll make sure they're what I'm looking for.

On platform side, they now have a new/growing relationship with Ninja + Rithmic... might be exactly what I'm looking for.

9. i mean you won't have any serious problems ..just the usual.
    i used ninja with j-trader for a few months...i like ninja but i ended up scrapping it due to me trying to computerize my trading...i realized i am too discretionary to need ninja, but its a cool product.