Any experience with MemTurbo?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by catman, Dec 5, 2002.

1. catman

catman

Anyone have experience with products like MemTurbo?
    Supposed to increase speed, detect memory leaks, etc. TIA

2. Cat

They promise a lot but usually deliver very little. Best bet with RAM so cheap is to install more.

Go to www.cnet.com and read the reviews, you'll see what I mean.

3. Oh and when you read these type of reviews best to just look at the negative ones, they normally tell you more.

4. catman

catman

I have 512mb DRAM in one machine that runs e-signal and EascTrend software during the day. When I scroll thru chart pages
    or I get an alert, computer slows down and locks up for a few seconds. I am not that computer savvy, but shouldn't the 512mb be adequate?

5. prox

prox

I used to use Memturbo .. it seems to be quite a resource hog on its own, but it does help you from memory crashes if you are very low on resources (< 60% on system properties) if you keep flushing it. I've noticed if I flush my memory regularly , I would have to reboot once every 2 or 3 days, instead of once every 4 hours.

I can't say it's a great software or anything, but if you have serious memory leaks with your software (doesn't free up used memory after you quit the program, for instance) , then it could help on a temporary basis. Best bet is to run a modern OS system and get 256+ megs of ram