Any experience hiring office space as a lone trader? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Howard, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Check SPACES in oslo or wework if you want to try the competition :) They might be able to offer a solution for your needs.

#11     Apr 13, 2019
    Howard likes this.
  2. Lucky Lou

Lucky Lou

#12     Apr 13, 2019
    Howard likes this.
  3. fan27

fan27

I just use a laptop which is fine because I am running my strategies fully automated in the cloud. The reason I signed up for the shared space is because I needed a business address for my company. I don't think there are other traders....mainly software, marketing types and a couple of groups flipping real estate.

#13     Apr 13, 2019
    Howard likes this.
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

[/QUOTE]

Then why aren't you spending all your money helping people with doctor bills???

#14     Apr 13, 2019
  5. I rented desk space at an office share in Wynward area of Miami for awhile. It was nice to get out of the condo but the convenience of rolling out of bed, trading while looking out to the atlantic ocean was hard to beat. Sure there were hot gals hanging around the office space willing to chat and have lunch with. At closing bell, there is always a group going for drinks after work. It was fun but more of a distraction.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    #15     Apr 13, 2019
    billv and Howard like this.
  6. I think it depends on your personality. Some people need social interaction; some don't.

#16     Apr 13, 2019
    jl1575 and Howard like this.
  7. Mo06

Mo06

Have thought about doing this in the past. Trading from home is OK but I do find the isolation can sometimes get to me.
    The downside is of course yet another expense, and of course I'd still want full fast internet access at home.
    I have my dog to talk to though.

#17     Apr 14, 2019
    Howard likes this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

So why don't you trade in libraries instead of spending money to rent office spaces when you might still be trading alone? I used to trade in libraries at one point and it was great. You are amidst buzz of activities so you don't feel lonely and yet you have the solitude to allow you to concentrate on your trading.

#18     Apr 14, 2019
  9. Howard

Howard

Yes. I hear you there. Maybe I should get a dog. Too bad I'm allergic. :)

Definitely. I bet most succcesful technical traders need to be able to work long hours on their own.

I don't need much social interaction, but there's a difference between a little bit and nothing.

But we're all different I suppose. :)

#19     Apr 14, 2019
  10. Howard

Howard

Yes. Your description is spot on.

I will probably consider this as my first option. I loved being at that library as a student. I never liked studying with other people. In fact. I hated it. But I loved the short breaks where I could chat up people and stretch my legs whenever I felt like it. Sitting at home, this is usually limited to a trip to the bathroom.

Did you trade from wi-fi?

Internet access and having to carry with me extra screens is my biggest concern. But perhaps wi-fi is sufficient?

#20     Apr 14, 2019