Any drug to help make u a better trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 17, 2010.

1. 8:30 a.m. EST, take a 2mg rohypnol with 2 shots of 40 proof ethanol, your choice of what it is derived from, though I recommend the blue agave form.

Guaranteed to increase your probabilities in a game in which 95% lose:D

#41     Oct 17, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

Might as well drink a couple cans of FOUR Loko for breakfast!

#42     Oct 17, 2010
  3. #43     Oct 17, 2010
  4. Thanks, I will look for that. Also, to the one person that said I should not be taking drugs since I am a moderator, I mentioned the word "legal", so maybe you need some drugs to focus also.

As to get off my ass and jog, I rode a bike yesterday, and went jogging today.

Also, I have a system, part of it came from one of the people that posted here in this thread, but I have been making dumb mistakes for example not following the system and I think the problem is focus, for example what I am supposed to check off before getting into a trade.

#44     Oct 17, 2010
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Ginseng

Ginko

ALCAR

#45     Oct 17, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I didn't say you shouldn't take drugs because you are a moderator. I implied that you should not even be bringing up this idea, especially since you have the tag of moderator on this website. Damn man, you do need something for focus. Not drugs, though. "Legal" or otherwise. Keep excersing! Good work dude! Really.

Oh, so "legal" makes it okay to take drugs?? Elvis and Michael Jackson shared your philosophy, you know.

I'm not Tom Cruise, but drugs are usually a sign of weakness.

Build character. Stay away from drugs.

#46     Oct 17, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

LOL

I like the yen crosses, HSI, CL, and DAX.

The OP is on the right path; altered perception is critical to trading success. Whether novel perspectives are obtained through chemical means or a change in attitude, results usually follow. My trading took off when I abandoned dogmatic loyalties to failed strategies and tirelessly approached the market from new angles to yield new observations. This couldn't be more axiomatic to trading where losing is the norm, rather than the exception. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Einstein. Aspiring traders must reinvent their market perspective continually, until they strike gold. That's absolutely key. Another hidden gem is the markets are not exact. Merely close enough. Acute minds demand precision in definition and occurrence. The market is not like that. This explains a phrase oft-cited in the pits: the smarter you are, the longer it takes. The market behaves according to rules, but follows those rules loosely, sometimes incorporates more than one rule at a time, and other times, doesn't follow the rules at all. Yet the "rules" are still valid, always have been, and must be known to achieve a high degree of success. It sounds complicated, but it's not. The mind of a quant can never master the market because the linguistical nature of price action eludes their rote, binary logic. Where the quant will demand price follow a series of highly-defined gated outcomes, it may simply bounce from one loosely bounded rule to the next, ignore the next scheduled pullback and blow through stops in a spike, only to retrace and clean out the suckers rally. Wave 1 and 2 followed market principles, wave#3 was a lucky hit (caught a big wave), and wave 4 wasn't really part of the rules. More like a bylaw. Fast runups/downs are usually proceeded by retraces. It's mostly knowledge, then experience + context. This is why most fail. Profitable discretionary trading is not binary setups. Yet, it's not that complicated either. Imagine trying to describe a human face without using adjectives native to the body. That's what it's like trying to describe profitable trading without giving away the house. Those in the know, know what I'm talking about.

As far as mind altering chemicals:

1) Testosterone
    2) Pot (haha)
    3) High dose Omega-3's
    4) ALCAR
    5) Dopamine agonists
    6) Proper sleep
    7) No sleep
    8) Vigorous exercise
    9) Stimulants

#47     Oct 18, 2010
  8. We all know that most institutional traders are coke addicts...

Ask the dealers :)

#48     Oct 18, 2010
  9. Picaso

Picaso

#50     Oct 18, 2010