Any drug to help make u a better trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 17, 2010.

1. This is a very interesting thread. I have thought about this a lot in the past and think that in the future, a lot of traders will go down this path. Think about it, the markets are just like the Olympics. You're completing against the best, so you need an edge. This is my list.

Monafinil - It's proven to improve results of students completing clear thinking and memory tests as well as any test involving large number strings.

Also, if you're trading 24 hour markets or the US markets from Asia, it will help you concentrate when you're trading through the night.

Beta blockers - commonly prescribed fro high blood pressure. Will help you control your adrenal response. Will reduce the likelihood of panicing in a bad trade and making mistakes.

Vasopression nasel spray - Said to help control stage fright, making your calmer under pressure.

Testosterone - A UK study from that males with higher testosterone levels where more profitable traders. You may initially think that this is because testosterone makes you more agressive, but in reality healthy levels of testosterone make men more emotionally balanced, so they are less likely to suffer drastic swings in emotion. In short, better self control.

Nootropics - anything from the smart drug family that aids blood flow and communication between the two hemispheres of the brain will improve clear thinking and the quality of decision making.

Finally, there is one more thing that could aid trading performance. It is not a drug but a machine. In Australia, there is a doctor who uses electromagnetic brain stimulation to give normal people savant like skills - think Rainman. When they have certain parts of their brains stimulated, they can draw like artists when previously they could only draw stick figures. So in the future, it may be possible to enhance the parts of the brain responsible for pattern recognition and numerical calculations simply by wearing a helmet emitting a specific electromagnetic frequency. Exciting stuff. And if you think this sounds dangerous, then stop using a mobile phone. It's basically the same thing.

Runningbear

#31     Oct 17, 2010
  2. There is no upside to taking any drug in any attemt to improve trading performance. Drugs generally impair trading and concentration abilities. Anecdotally speaking I've never known anyone on drugs since I started in 1978 that was a successful trader in the long run.

#32     Oct 17, 2010
  3. spindr0

spindr0

More along those lines, knowing yourself is also important. Drink too much last night? Getting over a head cold? Out of sorts because of a quarrel with the missus, the kids? Distracted by some other reality of life? Trade when your head is all there. Take the concentration drugs on the weekend, recreationally :)

#33     Oct 17, 2010
  4. Any drug will KILL you as a trader long term.

#34     Oct 17, 2010
  5. Every doctor learns during training, "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose."

#35     Oct 17, 2010
  6. Antidepressants , or LSD. You'll be making money in no time.

#36     Oct 17, 2010
  7. Once again, that was banned a few years ago.
    Where do you get it ?

#37     Oct 17, 2010
  8. Simply hilarious...and badly needed in these economic times !!

#38     Oct 17, 2010
  9. Any REAL evidence from REAL tests to support the above claims ?

#39     Oct 17, 2010
  10. If Aderall, Rital, Concerta so popular I wonder why there are no "herbal supplements".

Gingo Biloba is not for focus for better memory in general.

try diet Mountain Dew, no sure to give you surge but enuff funny stuff you keep awake and focused.

interesting thread.

#40     Oct 17, 2010