Any daytraders from Florida?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by trader3, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Wow, you don't like it here???? I moved to Sarasota last October from Kansas City. Although I miss KC a ton, I still love this area.

#31     Aug 26, 2002
  2. Somewhere in the midwest, I have not pinpointed an exact location. I am thinking about starting an organized crime syndicate or something.

#32     Aug 26, 2002
  3. wuzaaap

wuzaaap

Thug, how frequently can a consistently profitable trader expect to get bumped in share size at Worldco? I've heard people can get bumped weekly, if not daily, if they're profitable.

Also, in what increments are the bumps? Some firms have ridiculous bumps, i.e. from 1000 to 1200 shares ... what's another 200 shares from 1000?

#33     Aug 26, 2002
  4. sempai

sempai

I'm living in Aventura - it's between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Used to live in Sarasota and considered moving back a couple of times because it's so nice over there, but the ex still lives there:eek:

It's OK here, but thinking of moving a little farther north in the near future...a little closer to Ft. Lauderdale.

#34     Aug 26, 2002
  5. wuzaaap

wuzaaap

With what kind of share size do "established" traders work? By established, I mean people who've been there a few years.

#35     Aug 26, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

Palm Beach here. No great raves. Expensive and very very crowded during the season.

I would much prefer Colorado.

Better here than S. California.

Worst place I lived was Las Vegas.

#36     Aug 26, 2002
  7. I live in St. Petersburg ( tampa bay area ). I have visited southern CA a few times and the weather is actually better there in the summer. People without air conditioning die in florida all the time during the summer. The humidity is so high that your sweat doesn't evaporate and so you can't cool yourself down without air conditioning. Also, florida is still very swampy and we have tons of insects, lizards, snakes, alligators, etc. that aren't out in CA at all. Almost everyplace is within 20 feet of sea level, there is nothing resembling a mountain until you get up to south carolina.

As far as the people, at least half were not born here and didn't grow up here, and lots of them are from the northeast. Florida used to be a "southern" state, but now that is only true in north florida.

#37     Aug 27, 2002
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Dont' come to Miami....only thing we got going here is the best/most per capita punani in all of America...That is GUARANTEED...For those who like probabilities you have numbers on your side..

#38     Aug 27, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Ever been in a place like Pensacola? Tallahassee?
    I would almost rather live in Khabul.

I am no great fan of S. Florida. I live in Palm Beach, and like I said, it is expensive and crowded in the winter. But at least there are things to do and people to talk to. People that know how to read and write. And have most of their teeth.

#39     Aug 27, 2002
  10. Yes, you can get bumped up weekly. They only really care about your gross p&l before commissions. I went from 100 to 1200 max in about two months. It was like, 100.300.500.700.1000.1200.

Some traders keep requesting size limit increases, but seldom use all that size. My boss had a position limit of like 12,000 shares per position, but he usually traded only 1000-2000 shares at a time.

#40     Aug 30, 2002