Any Day Trader Over the Age of 65?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by schizo, May 30, 2010.

Any Day Trader Over the Age of 65?

1. I'm at least 65 and I make between 1-10 trades per day

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. I'm at least 65 and I make between 11-25 trades per day

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. I'm at least 65 and I make between 25-50 trades per day

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. I'm at least 65 and I make more than 50 trades per day

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. OK. Let's cut the bullshit. The question "Will I still be trading at 65?" really means "Will my dick still get hard at 65?" The answer? Yes, you can still trade at 65.

#41     Jun 1, 2010
  2. ~~~

~~~

here's is a silly little story about age and what to expect ...

when i first walked into a cafe near my condo to meet J from NYC.. he was the only caucasian there, so it's easy for me to know he's J but for about 30 mins i was sitting opposite of him ..he'd no idea i am the ones he is waiting for because i told him i am in my 40's and so i guess he was expecting to meet an old lady. During that 30 mins of waiting, he did looked at me many times but from his looks can tell he's waitng for a person..finally i walked over and introduce myself... he face turned into a red-tomato and we laughed so hard..
    (he worked in asia now)

Age is just a mental game...

i am in my 40's but looked liked 30 not because of botox but because of my mum good-genes and thanks to my yoga, swimming
    and brown rice, veges and fruits and how i live my life.

i was a total "disaster" when i was young..then i turn over new leaf ..
    yes... the Greatest Research I have done is to "Research Myself" and once i found and master myself .. the rest is history..i never swear at the small stuffs again.

and Yes Sir, There is more life than trading ..when i was in my 30s i travelled/visited many countries..Some people thought I was crazy ..why wasted so much money and times on travelling instead of making $ in trading? Especially country like Nepal or Bhutan or Africa..some people are not interested in the so-called 3'rd world country.. well..they don't know what they're missing.. some of the most beautiful faces & souls i have seen are from these countries.

The world is not getting more beautiful as before and mankind went down-hill.. to pursue $ and power is a never ending game ..
    so when i am 65 or maybe sooner, i will do charity work full-time.

p/s: for some reasons, you reminded me so much of my mentor (very smart and wise) :)

#42     Jun 1, 2010
  3. Great thread and excellent insights from all you seasoned traders out there.

Cheers,
    Max

#43     Jun 1, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

when you stand toe to toe with the guys trading millions per day, it removes the lid on how successful you can be

#44     Jun 1, 2010
  5. schizo

schizo

How many of you traded in the pit or on the exchange floor? How was the transition?

#45     Jun 1, 2010
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I am a quant. I have not spent much time on the pits (only as my research activity at CME in 90s). However, I trade hands on every day.

#46     Jun 2, 2010

7. You have been trading since you were 3 years old???

#47     Jun 2, 2010
  8. gaj

gaj

keep up the good work, guys...give me 20+ years, and hopefully i can join you on the side of "long time successful"...

#48     Jun 2, 2010
  9. I'm more of a quan't. Someone who can't quite quant.

#49     Jun 2, 2010
  10. classic :D :D :D :D :D

#50     Jun 2, 2010