Any DAX daytraders here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Runningbear, Dec 16, 2002.

1. I've developed a daytrading system which I recently applied to the DAX. It seems to work very well. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what a good average daily return is for daytrading the DAX futures contract. 10 points? 20 points? 30 maybe?

Thanks,

Runningbear

2. DT-waw

DT-waw

3. H2O

H2O

I don't trade the DAX - Eurostoxx50 is much smoother and you can use DAX / ES as leading indicator.

I have a system however on the DAX but to get good results you need to except large (IMO) drawdowns. This doesn't suit my trading style so I don't trade it.

4. 10 Dax points is about equal to 1 SP pt but I dont see how anyone can select a predetermined amount of points to shoot for. Thats putting the cart before the horse, imo.

5. klutz

klutz

25pts/50ticks per day is excellent

6. You don't show a sysytem , you show some results. What's the use of that thread anyway?

7. DT-waw

DT-waw

Mercury: the use of the thread is to show how profitable systems can be, and maybe someone will post his/her DAX system's stats -backtested on 36 months of data or more.

8. DT-waw,

I haven't backtested it yet. I have just been forward testing it for the last week or so.

Needless to say, as a daytrading system, I would probably can it if it returned a 600 point draw down.

I developed it for the NQ. It just seems to work well on the Dax though.

Runningbear

9. The only thing you show are some stats. But what's the use of showing your stats? So other people can say wow he must be a smart guy because he can create a winning system??!! This thread would be useful if you showed some of your concepts , that make your system a winning one.