Any cost-effective alternatives to IQ Feed with an API?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Laissez Faire, Apr 30, 2022.

1. dholliday

dholliday

I appear to be wrong. IQFeed is getting expensive.

#21     May 10, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  2. Everything is getting expensive these days.

#22     May 11, 2022
    PlatformFX likes this.
  3. eee

eee

If this is true and if this is where you see yourself as having a market edge, why cant i discern this info from your landing site in the first 3 seconds?
    I went through you site many times. I immediately know everything you offer except the price. That requires many clicks and filling of forms. Le'why?

Why is data pricing is so hard to figure out on so many sites. Just link the csv and the price for it. Then add subscription or whatever.

After some googling I then find completely 90's style low tech sites that offer this on their first page. Its getting kinda funny to fish for them now. Takes less time that going trough the modern hassles.

#23     Jun 4, 2022
  4. I am also looking for good quality real-time data. I would like to use it for my real-time markets scanner.

I need either tick or snap-shot data but updated at least every second. I am currently using IB, but their restrictions on 100 markets is limiting and also I am getting disonnected during the session for no reason.

I came across alpaca.markets but their SDK is a mess. I tried several other services, but the lowest refresh rate is 1min.

Any ideas?

#24     Jun 4, 2022
  5. Spikeet

Spikeet

Laissez Faire spikeet.com offers a no-code platform to retrieve all the data you need. Are you looking for equities or other. type of securities ?
    We also have an API option open if you'd still like to you use it

#25     Jun 15, 2022
  6. algoseek

algoseek Sponsor

Apologies for the inconvenience you might have experienced using our site. We are constantly striving to make our site easy to use and navigate. Also, pricing is not the only edge we have in the market. We provide some of the most detailed and comprehensive datasets around, with over 60 data points on our minute bars.

As an update to the OP's question, Algoseek now offers real-time normalized data feed from the SIP, OPRA, CME, etc., with a mean latency of less than 100 microseconds for our API and co-location solutions, orders of magnitude faster than competitors.

#26     Jun 16, 2022
  7. algoseek

algoseek Sponsor

UPDATE!

Algoseek now offers real-time normalized data feed from the SIP, OPRA, CME, etc., with a mean latency of less than 100 microseconds for our API and co-location solutions, orders of magnitude faster than competitors.

#27     Jun 16, 2022
  8. dam5h

dam5h

Hi, I just checked out your website and don't see any references to real time data. Can you elaborate on the new offering?

I am interested in real time CME futures data with depth of market and ideally would like a TCP stream to consume the data in a custom application running on Linux.

You mention the data is "normalized", what do you mean by that? This is not unfiltered tick data? Also regarding the 100ms, what are the competitor's latencies? How is the 100ms latency measured, surely it depends on the consumer's connection speed and location, or is that 100ms prior to you sending it down the wire?

Best,
    Dave

#28     Jul 3, 2022
  9. #29     Jul 20, 2022
  10. Unless I misread what's actually offered in their pricing (it was a bit odd the way the used colors to indicate what's offered while also having checkers below that), their pricing is not very competitive.

I think I'm paying $130 for a real-time feed with IQFeed. CME futures and > 8 years of historical 1-minute data.

#30     Jul 20, 2022
    PlatformFX likes this.