Any Christian Traders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BundMaster, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #51     Mar 10, 2004
  2. TRADER ZOMBIES!! LMAO!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! gekko you crack me up!! :p :p :p

#52     Mar 10, 2004

3. The Bush clan are not exactly constitutional scholars. Those that cannot separate the rule of law from the Word of God(tm) have more in common with the Taliban than with our founding fathers.

n'sha allah, we will relearn the value of secularism.

Salaam,
    --laz

#53     Mar 10, 2004
  4. stu

stu

If the bastid didn't have me on ignore , he might show a little respect in return

#54     Mar 10, 2004
  5. You have carefully lifted this quote out of context to make it appear that it is some kind of exhortation to believers to kill nonbelievers. While the Koran is filled with such encouragement, the Bible is not, particularly the New Testament.

In fact, the quoted phrase is preceded by phrases that make clear Paul was instructing believers who were suffering persecution to endure it and not take revenge themselves. Paul tells them that Jesus and his mighty angels will deal harshly with those who are persecuting them. Of course, when Jesus returns with his angels, the remaining nonbelievers will be followers of the Antichrist and will suffer a terrible slaughter. That is spelled out in the book of Revelation. Your quote has nothing whatsoever to do with the way His followers are to act now and in fact any such attacks on non-believers would be in direct contrast to Jesus's teachings.

"6. Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.

7. And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with his mighty angels.

8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."

#55     Mar 10, 2004
  6. What if I had beat the dog over the fence?? Then I would have been Rowenwood's father:D :D

#56     Mar 10, 2004

7. I'm funny and TM is a dummy.

#57     Mar 10, 2004
  8. Rowen, most religious people are not 'stupid'...they are just victims of endless brainwashing. I suffered with religion as part of my life until two years ago, when I finally slayed that dragon completely and became a full blown Objectivist & atheist. Was I 'stupid' three years ago? I believe I was just a victim of brainwashing as a child.

People who did NOT have religion forced down their throats in childhood, and VOLUNTARILY decided to practice mystic rituals...well, I have no objection to you calling these people stupid, however they are a small minority of the religious zombie population.

AAA for instance is otherwise a pretty smart guy. Without knowing him, I'm certain that his parents shoved religion on him in his youth. Am I right, AAA?

#58     Mar 10, 2004
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

cmon playboy i got nothin' but love for ya.... I hope the family is well please do send them my regards....

p.s. the only person to ever make my ignore list is GG....:D

#59     Mar 10, 2004
  10. no, they are stoopid..

i dont care if religion is forced down your throat so far it sticks out your azz smart people know BETTER!

Smart people wize up quick, dummies stay praying..
    :-/

#60     Mar 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.